Poll: Why do you dress nicely? (Choose the best answer)
Poll Options
View poll results: Why do you dress nicely? (Choose the best answer)
To impress people
9 16%
For myself
29 53%
Something else (explain)
3 5%
I don't care what I wear.
10 18%
I walk around butt nekked
4 7%
Voters: 55.
Kinda inspired by the other thread.

If you're the kind of person who puts effort into what you wear, why do you do it? Do you want other people to like you for it, or do you just want to have pride in how you look regardless of what others think?

I personally dress in a way I can be proud of, I don't really care what other people think of it.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
A little of both. I feel better in fancypants clothes; at the same time, I don't go out in rags for social reasons.
Eh sometimes I try to make my clothes coordinate (colorwise).
I don't really give a **** what I'm wearing as long as I'm not wearing like the same colored shirt and shorts.
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Depends, I don't really give a **** about what I wear or what people think about me because I wear whatever, but I do however dress for the occasion, and don't shy away from dressing up for the sake of dressing up a bit, there's nothing wrong with looking good. Mostly dress for myself, but again, depends on the occasion.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
1. I simply like looking good. I feel insecure if I'm not comfortable with what I'm wearing.

2. I've noticed quite considerable differences between the way girls interact with me when I'm dressed well and when I'm dressed lazily. Normally I'd say I'm just imagining things. But it never fails; if I'm dressed nicer, I simply get more positive attention from them.

3. It's good in terms of career/making a good impression. Overdressing is bad, but if you always dress just a tad bit better than what's expected (ex. say you're supposed to wear a dress shirt and slacks, maybe throw a tie on, too), that can go a long way.
For myself.

I feel good when I look good. When I wake up, hardly ever do I keep wearing what I slept in for very long.

I feel better in button-ups than regular t-shirts usually. Everything's tailored for extra comfort and fit as well.
I don't ever dress nice, but I'd like to, and mostly for myself. I just prefer the look. It's also for other people; you don't want to be that guy that's always under dressed, especially when people don't want to be embarrassed.
I pick up whatever the hell I find on the floor. Dressing "nice' I usually just throw on a blazer and keep my ripped jeans and band shirts on I prefer comfort to looking nice.
Because, Boobs
Quote by CynX
I usually just throw on a blazer and keep my ripped jeans and band shirts on I prefer comfort to looking nice.

Hey, that's actually a good look.
Both really. Wearing nice clothes always gets people looking, and that in turn makes me feel good about wearing them. As well as that, I just feel comfortable in them I suppose.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

People say that I look good in clothes, but I have a terrible sense of style (None). I rarely buy clothes and, if I do, I often get urges to buy stupid stuff. I usually go with my brother or a friend who can coerce me in the right direction
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I dress to impress.

Like I said in the other thread, if I'm meeting up with a sexy lady I'll dress nice, but otherwise I don't really bother.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Hey, that's actually a good look.

Hellz yah man, keep your persona with a slight classy touch.
Because, Boobs
Quote by CynX
I pick up whatever the hell I find on the floor. Dressing "nice' I usually just throw on a blazer and keep my ripped jeans and band shirts on I prefer comfort to looking nice.

Jeans and blazer is IMO a great style.

It's got the formality of the blazer with the laidback attitude of the jeans.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
I like to wear Chucks, jeans, and either a t-shirt, dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up, or a zip-up hoody as casual clothes. The main reason is that they're comfortable, but also because they don't attract attention. It's not over or underdressing, usually, plus there's a small element of style to it.
all i ever wear is a band shirt (which are always black) and some black or blue jeans, so yeah, i basically always look like shit
Quote by Crazyedd123

Exactly. It's funny how many "formal" events I've gone to wearing worn out jeans, and Slayer t-shirt and a blazer and I get noticed more than the all out suit guys.

It's good to be different.
Because, Boobs
I dress in the style I want and like. Even though not much effort is required for it and it's not fancy, and I doubt many others like it.

Quote by Crazyedd123

In winter I rock a big coat and jeans.

I really prefer winter clothes to summer clothes, which is too bad because in Australia there's no way you can wear jeans and a jacket around all summer and not have significant chance of dying from heat stroke.
I think, from what everyone is saying, that jeans are

GREAT!
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
If I don't like the way I look, I simply won't go out into public until it is resolved. I just don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable and anxious to get home and fix it. I know nobody really cares what I look like, but I do.
Quote by Crazyedd123
I think, from what everyone is saying, that jeans are

GREAT!

DAYUM
Because, Boobs
Quote by rockfan7
If I don't like the way I look, I simply won't go out into public until it is resolved. I just don't like it, it makes me uncomfortable and anxious to get home and fix it. I know nobody really cares what I look like, but I do.

I care what you look like.
(This statement only applies to females)

We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Both. Dressing nice makes me feel good and more confident. I, like most people, look better when not looking like a bum. So it works both ways: I get to feel confident and look nice and people generally get to tell me that I look nice and stuff.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Back in sixth grade, I wore regular clothes like humorous graphic t-shirts, band shirts, sweatshirts, and jeans. In seventh grade, a kid made a bet with me that I couldn't wear suits for the whole year. The bet was $20. The suits were $170+. Money well spent. I'm now in eight grade. I still wear suits. I've made a name for myself and made my mark on my school. Everyday kids ask me about it. Wearing a suit has even gotten me out of trouble before (and almost in it.) One story that happened recently is kind of funny.
In my social studies class, we don't have assigned seats, but we all tend to sit in the same seat everyday. Well one day, this kid Alec decides to take my seat. Being the gentleman I am, I asked him if he could please remove himself from the seat. He refused. The teacher walks in and immediately looks at Alec and tells him to get up. Alec, being a smart-aleck, said that we don't have assigned seats and that he's not getting up. The teacher looks at him and yells at him to get up. Being a male teacher, his voice is LOUD. The kid starts to turn red and gets out of the seat. Davey:1. Alec:0

The one time I got in trouble because of my suit was as follows...
In my school, we have jazz band. I decided to join, wishing to broaden my usual tastes. On that day, we had a concert. I chose to stay after school until we had to leave because we left an hour after and I didn't want to make a hassle. My music teacher tells the drummer, the trombonist, and I to go bring some old music to the basement. It just so happens that minutes before we go down there, the principal gets a call that kids are smoking weed down there. So while the three of us are down there, we hear footsteps coming down the stairs. We all look up and see the principal and the assistant principal standing on the steps, just smiling. They ask what we are doing, and we say that our teacher told us to bring down some music. The principal tells us to come with him. We start following him and he keeps looking back at me. Over and over. He eventually leads us to the band room and asks the teacher if he sent us down there. The teacher says yes and the principal starts to leave, when he asks me to come with him. I follow him into a hallway nearby and says, "You seems to have your hands in your pockets. Why's that?" I answer him honestly, saying I'm kind of nervous. He instructs me to empty my pockets. I pull out three pencils, two guitar picks, and twenty dollars. He says he just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything that I'm not supposed to. It's probably the most vivid memory I have of seventh grade.
I love hoodies. I think I have about 7 different hoodies so I can always wear one.

I'm weird.
Usually when I go out (not to work) it's spur of the moment and I haven't put much thought into what I'm wearing so I'm kind of a comfy disaster, T shirt and pants/shorts + flip flops with ugh hair... It's a bit of a self-confidence boost to go out to the world thinking you look pretty damn nice though. So I guess myself?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)