Hey all. I've been looking for a new guitar for a while now but I'm in no hurry to get one as I want a quality axe. I have a general idea of most common guitar makes and what they produce but what I find is I always get steered into the guitars marketed for something I don't like.

(Metaphorically) what I'm saying is I'm after (say) the Mercedes of guitars, a combination of luxury, sleek looks and performance, rather than the immensely modified Nissan, with over-the-top visual details and that feeling of cheapness even if the guitar wasn't so cheap to purchase. (These are only mere examples).

Of course particular brands come to mind straight away, Gibson, PRS... but I have yet to find a model to suit my needs. I play a broad range of genres, aiming more towards rock and heavy/thrash/shred metal but not metalcore/death metal etc. I would like something with a fast, thin but comfortable neck that is suitable for not only fast runs, but slow David Glimour style bends.

Just a side note: I love the PRS Custom 24, but the neck was the drawback for me, a bit too thick, and the glossy finish didn't appeal to me.

Carvin?

NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Look into DBZ guitars. very fancy looking man, great variations on classic shaped with cool innovations. plus i hear the quality of these are amazing
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
ibanez S series or RG series prestiges? i have a RG3550MZ and love it.

i have always preferred jackson over ESP/LTD, so maybe you would want something along the lines of a soloist?

even with the ESP i must say i dont really mind the Horizons, but IMO i would go for a jackson.

what exact are you looking to throw out?

if you can stomach a little bit above $3k i would get a Suhr Modern. thats just me though. Anderson also makes killer guitars, so does caprison (sp?).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Some great suggestions to look into, thanks!

Haven't come across Carvin other than on the internet as not a lot of dealers import them over here in New Zealand, bit I'll sure take a look at them.

I'm glad DBZ guitars were brought up, I stumbled across them a while ago when looking at guitars but they had slipped my mind.

As for the Jackson Soloists, the prices over here are unbelievable compared to guitars similar in construction and parts, but I guess I could find a deal online.

The Suhr Modern is one that caught my eye, the price is out of reach at the moment but of course I would be willing to save up. Anyone have any opinions on the Suhr?
What shapes are you looking for?

Have you tried any ESP guitars? I think their necks are a little slimmer than PRS guitars. Ibanez may be too slim, but again, try them to see what you think.

Jackson necks are kind of inbetween the ESP Thin U and most Ibanez necks.

Just give us a little more info, so we can try to find out what kind of necks might be comfortable to you.

The best option as always though is for you to go out and find out for yourself what you find comfortable. We can only help you so much in that (most important) area.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 9, 2011,