...about changing strings on a floyd. I found these when i was browsing around. Anyone ever used these before? Could be a great concept as well.
http://www.juststrings.com/sit-s946fr.html
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
i dont like it.... idk seems a bit of a weird idea
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I don't see how that can be any better than simply leaving the ball ends on and stringing it that way
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Um... I don't get it.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They have hooks on the end for easy install on a floyd, without having to clip the ball ends off.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Cutting the ball end off takes 2 seconds, why would I buy special strings to avoid that?

The only thing thats a pain about a floyd is changing tunings and setting the intonation. They have special tools and attachments that, but they aren't too cheap and still more of a pain than hardtails.
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!Come on people you actually resist something like this? I like the idea my self.IT saves having to lug a pair of dikes around. But, I understand if you ludites have your panties in a wad by anything that is different. We are talking about electric guitar and god forbid anyone stray off the path set down over 60 years ago by a bunch of dead guys.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Kortez3000
Well since you seem like a douche go try em yourself.

This would strike a nerve...but i see your from Texas, so its not your fault.

War Cool JR.(RATTNROLL!), how do you get the ball ends through the tuning machines? lol
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
idk about u guys but i didnt find insterting the strings into a floyd the most difficult part or the restringing......
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
idk about u guys but i didnt find insterting the strings into a floyd the most difficult part or the restringing......

same,i actually dont feel anything is super difficult about a floyd o.O
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Why not keep the balls on there and put the strings through backwards starting at the tuners...?
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by LZRocker
Why not keep the balls on there and put the strings through backwards starting at the tuners...?

the thing that held me personally back from doing that would be for the lower string, the un wound end would go into the guitar and i didnt want that
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Yeah, I don't really get it. Restring it is easy. Tuning is the pain. But even then, it's not really a pain, just takes a few minutes longer.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey

Im from texas... T_T

Seriously I wouldnt buy special strings either since it really does only take a second to clip off the ball ends but it is a nice idea. But I am also one of those people who carries a tool bag with me where ever I take my guitar for on the spot adjustments and repairs. Either way when you restring a guitar you still need to clip off excess string anyways.
Quote by Bhaok
OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!Come on people you actually resist something like this? I like the idea my self.IT saves having to lug a pair of dikes around. But, I understand if you ludites have your panties in a wad by anything that is different. We are talking about electric guitar and god forbid anyone stray off the path set down over 60 years ago by a bunch of dead guys.

Are you really so impressed by string with a hook instead of a ball? 'I could understand having a set of these as back-up to keep in your case/gig bag, but that's really no less of a burden than carrying a small pair of wire cutters. I would never limit myself to one brand just because I'm so inconvenienced by snipping off the ball end. And you need cutters anyway unless you like having the strings hanging out of the tuning pegs, chattering together and scratching your guitar.

I understand a fear of change is regressive, but embracing something just because it's new is just ignorant, and insulting people that don't embrace it is uncalled for.
Ya know, you wouldn't have this problem if there were no floyds. (flameshield active)

So.....I think I can laugh at you guys taking half an hour to change strings (flameshield still active)

Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by W4RP1G
Cutting the ball end off takes 2 seconds, why would I buy special strings to avoid that?

The only thing thats a pain about a floyd is changing tunings and setting the intonation. They have special tools and attachments that, but they aren't too cheap and still more of a pain than hardtails.

This.
Quote by JKHC
Ya know, you wouldn't have this problem if there were no floyds. (flameshield active)

So.....I think I can laugh at you guys taking half an hour to change strings (flameshield still active)

I laugh that you lose a lot of cool elements to your playing
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Carvin V220
Quote by W4RP1G
Are you really so impressed by string with a hook instead of a ball? 'I could understand having a set of these as back-up to keep in your case/gig bag, but that's really no less of a burden than carrying a small pair of wire cutters. I would never limit myself to one brand just because I'm so inconvenienced by snipping off the ball end. And you need cutters anyway unless you like having the strings hanging out of the tuning pegs, chattering together and scratching your guitar.

I understand a fear of change is regressive, but embracing something just because it's new is just ignorant, and insulting people that don't embrace it is uncalled for.

Do not read more into what I typed then the words you read. I am not in the least bit impressed by any set of strings. I was mocking the morons that will say it has been like xyz for so many years why change now. Too bad humor seems to escape people in this serious business of guitars. You call people ignorant( you need to learn the definition of the word)then say insulting people is uncalled for in the same sentence?
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by Bhaok
Do not read more into what I typed then the words you read. I am not in the least bit impressed by any set of strings. I was mocking the morons that will say it has been like xyz for so many years why change now. Too bad humor seems to escape people in this serious business of guitars. You call people ignorant( you need to learn the definition of the word)then say insulting people is uncalled for in the same sentence?

I know the definition of the word ignorant and I used it in the correct context. Your post was still ridiculous and ignorant, even after your explanation. And I don't one person said they don't like them without any logical explanation, everyone one else presented a logical argument as too why they don't need strings with a hook instead of a ball.

It sounds too me like you let your baggage and prejudice cloud your judgement and that is why you failed to read and correctly interpret any of the arguments against these new strings.

gtfo out, you contribute nothing of any value to anyone.
Quote by BreeBreeMiikey

War Cool JR.(RATTNROLL!), how do you get the ball ends through the tuning machines? lol

This is what I mean about the ball ends. RATT N ROLL!

Not my guitar just an example.