Been looking at all the known brands (Schecter, ESP, Ibanez etc.) but found the brand Agile today, which are far more affordable than many of the ones I've been looking at. Does anyone have experience of Agile guitars, and are they any good?
You should really use this search bar for this it comes up all the time.

They are very good. /thread

Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
My friend bought a les paul style Agile, only around $250 i think. It was pretty good quality, good electronics, quality build. The only problem I had was I didn't like the fretboard wood but i just dont like rosewood in general. Other then that they make great guitars. If you can get over it not being name brand i would say buy an agile.
They're alright. Average guitars for a pretty good price. Made in Korea.

Their biggest claim to fame is all of the options they offer at a price your "average Joe" can afford, such as fanned frets, baritones, 8 strings, etc.
Quote by Pac_man0123
They're alright. Average guitars for a pretty good price. Made in Korea.

Their biggest claim to fame is all of the options they offer at a price your "average Joe" can afford, such as fanned frets, baritones, 8 strings, etc.

And options that otherwise don't exist outside of a custom shop...I have never in my life seen another company make a production model 30" scale 8-string, have you?
Quote by Ginsu
And options that otherwise don't exist outside of a custom shop...I have never in my life seen another company make a production model 30" scale 8-string, have you?

That is exactly the point I was making.
+1 on PacMan's point. The quality is solid, in line with most other Korean manufacturers in the price range. They definitely make some things you can't get elsewhere, which is great, but if you can get it elsewhere, it tends to make more sense to buy a guitar that you can play first.

Agile's lack of presence in retail locations really hurts them, I think. The quality is good, but owing to the price range there's still too much variance for most people to be confident ordering one - especially since the resale is generally poor. I know they have a return policy, but you're shipping a guitar back and forth to Korea, and there's no guarantee you'll like the second one. Of course, the low resale means that buying one used is often a great bargain.
Quote by Roc8995
I know they have a return policy, but you're shipping a guitar back and forth to Korea, and there's no guarantee you'll like the second one. Of course, the low resale means that buying one used is often a great bargain.

You wouldnt be shipping it back and forth to Korea though, you would typically be sending it back to Rondo Music, in NH. Unless you buy it in another country.

That said though, personally I swear by Agile. Mine is my main guitar, and is everything I wanted and more. Very rarely you can get a dud, but from everything I hear, Kurt is extremely good about fixing any problems.

I would never claim they are on the levels of top tier Gibsons like some people, but I would definitely compare it to the lower price range ones.

And one last thing... The pictures of the guitars can not even come close to how they look in person. They are beautiful.
Agile > Epi's in the same price range. I can say this after playing several used ones at the local GC. They feel and sound more like a Gibby then any Epi I've ever played.
They look good spec wise, that's about it for me. My friend got an Al-3100 Goldtop that just feels like plastic.
Quote by Ghold125
They look good spec wise, that's about it for me. My friend got an Al-3100 Goldtop that just feels like plastic.

I have a friend who had a baritone 6 string, another friend with a 28" baritone 8 string, and a friend with a Bryce 6 string bass. The Bryce feels alright, but I think that's mostly because that guy rouged up the neck's finish with some fine steel wool.

The baritone 6 string was okay, but I'd only been playing guitar for maybe a year at that point.

My other friend's 8 string just feels and sounds dead when I play it. I really just don't like it at all.
I asked this in another thread earlier and I don't think I got a response (or I missed it by mistake.)

Does Agile actually have a website? I've googled them but all I've found is this bullshit; http://www.agileguitars.net/ It doesn't have any useful information, specs, pricing, distribution, or even any pictures...
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Oct 10, 2011,
They are like any Cheap imports, some are absolute jems and some are duds. I have only got my hands on 3 or 4 and 1 out of those impressed me the others felt like a cheap Squier bullet strat in construction.

However some on here swear by them.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
According to their custom page they'll make you a 10-string now. What are we even supposed to tune that to...?

I'm really jonesing for a 7-string fan-fret, though. Maybe then I'll have some incentive to practice sweep picking I wonder what kind of chords would be possible on that?
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Last edited by sonic_777111 at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by sonic_777111
According to their custom page they'll make you a 10-string now. What are we even supposed to tune that to...?

I'm really jonesing for a 7-string fan-fret, though. Maybe then I'll have some incentive to practice sweep picking I wonder what kind of chords would be possible on that?

QABQGDEAQF
Quote by sonic_777111

C#F#BEADGBEA
Quote by Mehtabb
C#F#BEADGBEA

You get a 5-string bass and a ukulele in one!
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
I've got 2 Agiles, a Les Paul copy and a Rickenbacker 12 string copy. The quality of the component that make up these guitars is on par with much more expensive guitars. Both have ebony finger boards and both are the top of the line models.

And yes if the prospects of paying and American worker $35 an hour to machine, assemble and set up your guitar parts vs paying a Korean $3 makes you happy that's great I applaud you.

I'd say the main difference is in how much time and care went into the set up and adjustment of the guitar. Many, if not most all serious guitar players go with a different set up other than what comes from the factory. I set up all my guitars to my liking. I think it's absurd to say a guitar plays poorly just because you don't like the setup. But the snob appeal factor is alive and well.

Seriously we are talking about electric guitars here, wires wrapped around magnets produce the sound we are not assessing acoustic instruments where age, wood type, when and where the wood came from even the finish can make a huge difference in sound. And if you want a different sound buy different pickups for Pete Sake. This ain't rocket science!

The snob appeal factor is alive and well and that keeps resell prices low which suits me fine but don't buy an Agile for the resale value.

I have a relative that's paying $6500 for a MacIntosh Tube Amp My personnal opinion is that a fool and his money are soon parted.

So if a certain shaped head stock, impressing your friends and getting oooh's and AAAAh's because you dropped a pant load of money is important to you then Agile is not a guitar you should invest in.
Nobody disagrees that once you get into more expensive products, especially in the Les Paul world, you start to get into price inflation and diminishing returns. Your post, however, makes you sound like you're proclaiming yourself the sole arbiter of value and frankly make you sound like a bit of a crazy person.

If you're going to talk about Agile, talk about Agile. Don't pretend to contribute to knowledge about Agile by going on about your second cousin and his McIntosh and snob factor and all that. It just sounds like sour grapes, and it doesn't help anyone make an informed decision.
Quote by Hocus-Pocus
I've got 2 Agiles, a Les Paul copy and a Rickenbacker 12 string copy. The quality of the component that make up these guitars is on par with much more expensive guitars. Both have ebony finger boards and both are the top of the line models.

And yes if the prospects of paying and American worker $35 an hour to machine, assemble and set up your guitar parts vs paying a Korean $3 makes you happy that's great I applaud you.

I'd say the main difference is in how much time and care went into the set up and adjustment of the guitar. Many, if not most all serious guitar players go with a different set up other than what comes from the factory. I set up all my guitars to my liking. I think it's absurd to say a guitar plays poorly just because you don't like the setup. But the snob appeal factor is alive and well.

Seriously we are talking about electric guitars here, wires wrapped around magnets produce the sound we are not assessing acoustic instruments where age, wood type, when and where the wood came from even the finish can make a huge difference in sound. And if you want a different sound buy different pickups for Pete Sake. This ain't rocket science!

The snob appeal factor is alive and well and that keeps resell prices low which suits me fine but don't buy an Agile for the resale value.

I have a relative that's paying $6500 for a MacIntosh Tube Amp My personnal opinion is that a fool and his money are soon parted.

So if a certain shaped head stock, impressing your friends and getting oooh's and AAAAh's because you dropped a pant load of money is important to you then Agile is not a guitar you should invest in.

You write well for one so poorly informed.

1) I would say the vast majority of guitars that "don't play well" don't play well do to how they're set up. This would include truss adjustments, string height, intonation, fretwork, pickup height, the whole 9 yards. here certainly are some guitars that just play crappy due to construction, build quality, woods type, ect. But they are outnumbered by poorly set up guitars...This is ignoring many the Squires, SX's, and crappy starter kit guitars that are out there...most of those are truly terrible.

2) "Wires wrapped around magnets that produce sound"..I have never read a more idiotic statement in my life. If you new the VERY BASICS of guitar you would know that the strings produce the sounds, the pickups helpt ot transmit that sound to an outside amplification source.

3) the idea that the sound, or in this case, tone, of an electric guitar comes strictly from the pickups has been refuted numerous times. If you have one guitar with an alder body, and one with mahogany, with exactly the same set up, pick ups, EQ, everything, I can assure you that they will sound different from one another.

4) Quality gear usually comes with high prices, its a direct ratio (usually). Thats why PRS Private stock, EBMM BFR, Ibanez j. customs, and the like have such a good reputation: they are really good guitars, but that quality comes at a price. If you truly think that ins't the case, let me introduce you to Squire and Line 6 Spider.

5) Most people on this website aren't looking to invest any money in a guitar, they're looking for one to play and use for a good long time. i guarentee you very few people (<1%) bought gibsons in the 1960's thinking that it would be a good investment for the future. They bought tthem to play and use. The ones that were well taken care of became $$$$ collectors items.

Jus sayin.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Nov 28, 2011,
As an Agile owner, I recommend you get the AL3000/3100/3125 if you want the les paul style guitars. They have pretty decent stock pickups and everything else is very good quality for the price. Good Agiles start at around $350-$400. Trust me on this.

And don't bother with any models that aren't in the 3000 range. They're okay for the price, but if you want a quality instrument, save up an extra 50 or 100 bucks and get a better model. You won't be disappointed.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
They wouldnt be well priced if they were in stores, I would say get something 2nd hand locally that you can play if you have to buy an Agile.

Especially the ERGs, prices have shot up when buying them new.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I have played 3 Agiles of different types, and they are all amazing. They are worth much more than what you pay.