http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db9VUKorfgA

Can anyone identify the color of this Gibson Les Paul Custom ? (good shot of it at about 7 seconds in) cause I think it looks amazing and I would like to find out more about that particular model !

Thank you =)
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Looks like the Heritage Cherry Sunburst to me.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

It looks darker then the Heritage cherry ? its seems more brown/deep red then bright red
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by Flying Couch
Looks like a very light Tobacco or Desert burst to me.

Can't remember when the Les Paul Custom would have been made in those colors. I agree that it looks like a Tobacco Burst too, but a little bit too red from the edges of the body?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
Can't remember when the Les Paul Custom would have been made in those colors. I agree that it looks like a Tobacco Burst too, but a little bit too red from the edges of the body?

That was my first thought too. But a Google search of "les paul custom tobacco sunbust" brings up a few from the Norlin era that looked very similar to the one in the video, like this one. (warning, picture is huge)

There's also a few vintage sunbursts that look similar.
Thank you ! I think it could be a tobacco burst, guess it depends on the year and that. But like you said there are lot of pictures that look very similar.
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson

doesn't trust straplocks more than duct tape.

i'd say it's a norlin era vintage tobacco sunburst.
although, a cherry sunburst will fade to look a lot like a tobacco burst over time which may explain the red in the reflections.

may have started like this.

here was one for sale.
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/member-classifieds/103417-fs-les-paul-custom-1979-all-original.html
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020

Is it me, or does that horn look a little weird to you guys?
Where's Waldo?
It's a fake anyway. Rosewood board, the diamond is too small and the horn is off.

And to all you guys who want to tell me I'm wrong, I've got a real on sat on my lap right now to compare with.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
It looks like Gibson's Fireball sunburst finish.

(Invalid img)
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by digman50
It's a fake anyway. Rosewood board, the diamond is too small and the horn is off.

And to all you guys who want to tell me I'm wrong, I've got a real on sat on my lap right now to compare with.

you have a norlin?

not according to your sig.
Here's a picture of the headstock :

Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
^ nice guitar 1nten5e!

beefyfrog, a norlin tobacco burst LPC that's aged a bit imo is what you are after. i posted a link to one that sold recently in an earlier post.

the one that guy is using in that vid and pic may or may not be legit, hard to say for certain but stuff does look odd.
Although the horn issue could just be from a shady angle, the diamond on the headstock is clearly too small. Ya it's wrong that it was faked, but it works for the guy and I sincerely doubt he's out distributing fakes to everybody.
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Thank you ! I find it's hard to find Les Pauls in different colors when you don't know the name of the colors ^^

Norlin Tobacco Burst Les Paul Custom, now I just need money and one for sale lol

Also even though it is a fake, I think it's a lovely looking Les Paul ! Anyway thanks again UG

Also 1nten5e that is a very sexy guitar
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Last edited by Beefyfrog at Oct 11, 2011,
I hate when I see guitarists with duct tape all over their straps. Have they never heard of strap locks? It just looks so, so terrible.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by gregs1020
^ nice guitar 1nten5e!

beefyfrog, a norlin tobacco burst LPC that's aged a bit imo is what you are after. i posted a link to one that sold recently in an earlier post.

the one that guy is using in that vid and pic may or may not be legit, hard to say for certain but stuff does look odd.

I may not have a norlin but I know plenty about them aswell as the fact it's clearly a fake, regardless.

Diamond is far too small, that's not a feature from Norlins, the horn is too far off for a Norlin really, and the head looks wrong in general, I would recognize that as a norlin head.

'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
^That + the rosewood... And as a presumed fake, it's probably not an exact Gibson finish either. Also, most Gibson finishes can age into something that looks a lot like another finish, and the differences between them are sometimes rather subtle. A reddish tobacco or darkened heritage cherry is probably what you're after.

Too bad they almost always use the teardrop burst shape.

edit: You can see some of the various nuances of a bunch of hardly differentiable bursts here.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Oct 11, 2011,
I guess I'll just have to save money, and search around in music shops till I find the ONE ^^
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Quote by digman50
I may not have a norlin but I know plenty about them aswell as the fact it's clearly a fake, regardless.

Diamond is far too small, that's not a feature from Norlins, the horn is too far off for a Norlin really, and the head looks wrong in general, I would recognize that as a norlin head.

it's a screen shot from a youtube video taken with god knows what camera at what speed.

i agree, in that pic it looks fake. that's why i asked for other shots.

it probably is, but to go off screaming "fake" based on the one pic is jumping to conclusions.

the diamond changed a bit over the years, you should know that.