Okay I'm having extreme dyspnea (shortness of breath).

(scroll down if TL;DR)

Some noteworthy knowledge that might help before I state my needs:

1. I have a STRONG anxiety disorder
2. These are not symptoms I experience when I get anxious or anything like that.
3. Went to ER yesterday
4. Got my lungs x-rayed, came up fine
5. Told doc about my stomach problems, how recent they are, how they got worse around the same time my dyspnea showed up strong, and how it's likely due to extreme alcohol abuse.
6. Doc prescribed me Ativan 1mg (anti-anxiety to "relax") and some Prilosec DR 20mg (an antacid to reduce the acids in my stomach.

Anyways. I got a breathing treatment and took an Ativan at the ER. Helped slightly, but enough for me not to complain about since the Ativan totally relieved me of my anxiety and I just wanted to sleep.

Today, I wake up and have the same problems. Not as bad as it was last night, but highly unpleasant nonetheless. Ate, and as normal, the acid reflux comes about and I get unpleasant acid/food taste mix burps. No big. Day progresses and it hits around 6pm. Shortness of breath comes and kicks me in the throat. I say **** you and take half an ativan to relax since it started making me a little anxious. I relaxed, but the breathing issue continued. around 830pm, I take the other half to try and see if it'll relieve it... no shot, just more relaxation, 0 anxiety.

My acid reflux kicked in twice after this... and pretty ****ing hard. I almost puked once and the second time it shot up to my nose and it burnt like hell and smelled like rubber and sour cream and cheddar ruffles (what I was eating a bit ago lol).

ANYWAYS.

TL;DR: What can I do to relax my acid reflux in the meantime, before my Prilosec kicks in after a few days and I see a gastroenterologist, especially in my throat, so I can breathe decently?

Currently drank a small cup of milk and using a vaporizer. Improvements? Yes. Enough improvements? Definitely not.

Don't recommend Alka Seltzer please... I have that and it doesn't do anything for me except decrease bloating, and I only got bloated once.

Or just make me laugh by calling me an asshole or something. That'll help distract me from it.
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 9, 2011,
We aren't your doctors. We aren't certified in giving medical advice. We can however, tell you to go see a real doctor.

Go see a real doctor.

That edit again: I see you already saw a doctor... Go see a better one, or ask them about your problems.

Also V

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Last edited by that guy again at Oct 9, 2011,
When you start to feel the effects of the acid reflux put half a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate into half a glass of water, stir until it is dissolved and swallow quickly.

The sodium bicarbonate will nutralise or 'liberate' the acid, turning it into a gas, which you will then have to belch up (jumping up and down on the spot actualy helps with this)

As a fellow sufferer of acid reflux, I can assure you that it brings quick relief.

Do NOT take more than half a teaspoon though, or you'll be sat on the toilet for quite a while.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 9, 2011,
If the hyperacidity is bothering you that much, I recommend a soothing tea like peppermint; also note that peppermint tea is good for the digestive system as well. So there's no harm in trying it.

Good Luck
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Asshole.

I tried

Not sure about this, but something is telling me that's not true...
Quote by SlackerBabbath
When you start to feel the effects of the acid reflux put half a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate into half a glass of water, stir until it is dissolved and swallow quickly.

The sodium bicarbonate will neutralize or 'liberate' the acid, turning it into a gas, which you will then have to belch up (jumping up and down on the spot actually helps with this)

As a fellow sufferer of acid reflux, I can assure you that it brings quick relief.

Do NOT take more than half a teaspoon though, or you'll be sat on the toilet for quite a while.

Sodium Bicarbonate..? ... Baking Soda?

And if you have it, does it ever affect your breathing/throat in general especially when it comes to the process of eating? (i.e. hard to swallow)
You have testicular cancer of the brain.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
You ate rubber?
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Nice ulcer. Hope you aren't still boozing it up, that certainly doesn't help, either.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
Nice ulcer. Hope you aren't still boozing it up, that certainly doesn't help, either.

No I weened off about a week and a half ago.

The funny part is... I only stopped to see if it'd help ease my anxiety... don't even care about the effects on my organs... well except now since the inflammation/reflux due to alcohol abuse is causing breathing problems.

when everything is resolved, me and 151 proof everclear are becoming a wolf pack again
PM JustRooster if you want a doctor. He was (is?) a military doctor.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
Sodium Bicarbonate..? ... Baking Soda?

That's the stuff, not to be confused with baking 'powder' which contains sodium bicarbonate but also includes some extra stuff for baking like an acidifying agent (cream of tartar) and also a drying agent (usually starch).
What you want is pure sodium bicarbonate, which should be available at any decent grocery store.

Read this;
http://www.medicinenet.com/sodium_bicarbonate-oral/article.htm

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

And if you have it, does it ever affect your breathing/throat in general especially when it comes to the process of eating? (i.e. hard to swallow)

It has done before, usualy I just get severe heartburn, which is when I take the sodium bicarbonate. But it should only be taken when needed, too much in your diet and it starts having an affect on your digestion.
Okay I'm having extreme dyspnea (shortness of breath).

(scroll down if TL;DR)

Some noteworthy knowledge that might help before I state my needs:

1. I have a STRONG anxiety disorder
2. These are not symptoms I experience when I get anxious or anything like that.
3. Went to ER yesterday
4. Got my lungs x-rayed, came up fine
5. Told doc about my stomach problems, how recent they are, how they got worse around the same time my dyspnea showed up strong, and how it's likely due to extreme alcohol abuse.
6. Doc prescribed me Ativan 1mg (anti-anxiety to "relax") and some Prilosec DR 20mg (an antacid to reduce the acids in my stomach.

Anyways. I got a breathing treatment and took an Ativan at the ER. Helped slightly, but enough for me not to complain about since the Ativan totally relieved me of my anxiety and I just wanted to sleep.

Today, I wake up and have the same problems. Not as bad as it was last night, but highly unpleasant nonetheless. Ate, and as normal, the acid reflux comes about and I get unpleasant acid/food taste mix burps. No big. Day progresses and it hits around 6pm. Shortness of breath comes and kicks me in the throat. I say **** you and take half an ativan to relax since it started making me a little anxious. I relaxed, but the breathing issue continued. around 830pm, I take the other half to try and see if it'll relieve it... no shot, just more relaxation, 0 anxiety.

My acid reflux kicked in twice after this... and pretty ****ing hard. I almost puked once and the second time it shot up to my nose and it burnt like hell and smelled like rubber and sour cream and cheddar ruffles (what I was eating a bit ago lol).

ANYWAYS.

TL;DR: What can I do to relax my acid reflux in the meantime, before my Prilosec kicks in after a few days and I see a gastroenterologist, especially in my throat, so I can breathe decently?

Currently drank a small cup of milk and using a vaporizer. Improvements? Yes. Enough improvements? Definitely not.

Don't recommend Alka Seltzer please... I have that and it doesn't do anything for me except decrease bloating, and I only got bloated once.

Or just make me laugh by calling me an asshole or something. That'll help distract me from it.

you probly have stomach cancer