El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
What's this health bill about?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
What's this health bill about?

Opening up the NHS to privatisation. Lansley's wife runs a private health care firm that's set to massively benefit from the proposed changes. There's gonna be a big protest in London today, hoping the bill doesn't get passed.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Last edited by Cal UK at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by Cal UK
Opening up the NHS to privatisation. Lansley's wife runs a private health care firm that's set to massively benefit from the proposed changes. There's gonna be a massive protest in London today, hoping the bill doesn't get passed.

Lansley being the Government Minister for Health who proposed and is pushing for this bill, if any foreigners were wondering.
Quote by Cal UK
Opening up the NHS to privatisation. Lansley's wife runs a private health care firm that's set to massively benefit from the proposed changes. There's gonna be a big protest in London today, hoping the bill doesn't get passed.

What's the NHS and who's Lansley
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Drakathan
What's the NHS and who's Lansley

NHS is the National Hippo Sanctuary, and Lansley's the oldest hippo there. This bill might get him killed.
Good.

Quote by Tangerineseeker
Thats ridiculous, how can they pass a bill concerning national health, that would benefit the minister of health's wife?!?

You must be new to politics.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
NHS is the National Hippo Sanctuary, and Lansley's the oldest hippo there. This bill might get him killed.

We'll all be very sad.
well i live in Ukraine, so money is the only thing that changes something in politics. So I have (had) a little more hope in the politicians of Europe.
Being killed is not healthy from the bill's point of view.
Just because I have some strong opinions doesn't mean I agree with everything I say.
To be honest, I don't think the NHS can get any worse. But lucky me I moved to Australia, where electricity is cheap and Medicare pays for all your hospital bills.
Quote by Owenlee55
To be honest, I don't think the NHS can get any worse. But lucky me I moved to Australia, where electricity is cheap and Medicare pays for all your hospital bills.

Does anyone remember this?

Quote by So-Cal
What's so bad about opening it up to privatisation anyway?

Because privatising a public health service is just about the shittest thing you can do to the health industry.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Oct 9, 2011,
The Con Dem coalition have no democratic mandate to make this massive change. It was not in the Tories' or the Lib Dem's manifestos, so no one voted for it.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
The Con Dem coalition have no democratic mandate to make this massive change. It was not in the Tories' or the Lib Dem's manifestos, so no one voted for it.

Since when did that actually matter?
hello
Quote by opc100
Since when did that actually matter?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter to those in government.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Sometimes hard to find what does matter to them these days, bored of continuous false promises..."v jealous of Owenlee55" :P
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by So-Cal
What's so bad about opening it up to privatisation anyway?

Because we don't want to ruin the health service.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Because we don't want to ruin the health service.

Why/how will it ruin it?
Quote by So-Cal
Why/how will it ruin it?

It leads to a race to the bottom.

The only way to compete with private entities in a fixed revenue scenario is to cut as much cost as possible. And while that's ok where you want to get profit, in terms of health services it only damages those who can't afford the private option. The very thing the nhs set out to avoid.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Good. Maybe you pansies won't have a nation of slackers with everything handed to you. "Oh no, I'm going to have to work for my healthcare! The huge manatee!" Gimme a break.

Okay, but this is pretty horrible. Good luck to everyone attending the protest, and God spede.
I remember when the American healthcare bill was going through the House of Representatives, everyone was using the UK's national healthcare as a shining example; but all I heard is how dissatisfied UKers are, and now they're trying to privatize it. Lolrony.

Quote by So-Cal
Why/how will it ruin it?

See: American Healthcare.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 9, 2011,
No such luck about Cameron's prospects, unfortunately.

Quote by JustRooster
and now they're trying to privatize it

No, a load of rich bastards who we didn't even vote for is trying to privatise it. The vast majority of people in this country happen to think that people receiving healthcare when they need it might actually be a good thing.
Last edited by Kumanji at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by JustRooster
I remember when the American healthcare bill was going through the House of Representatives, everyone was using the UK's national healthcare as a shining example; but now all I hear is how dissatisfied UKers are, and now they're trying to privatize it. Lolrony.

No matter how good it is, they'll always want it to be better. And despite people complaining about its flaws, you'll find very few people who want to get rid of it.

The privatisation is supported by nobody but those who stand to make money off it. Even the doctors and nurses have said they don't want it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
No matter how good it is, they'll always want it to be better. And despite people complaining about its flaws, you'll find very few people who want to get rid of it.

The privatisation is supported by nobody but those who stand to make money off it. Even the doctors and nurses have said they don't want it.

I work for the VA hospital over here in America. I've been in the health field for about 4 years now. Trust me, just about everyone except the top doctors wants universal healthcare here, too. The people that are fighting it are the super-rich doctors, the insurance companies, and the pharmaceutical companies. It's become less about people being healthy and more about keeping top 2% tax population pockets fat.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER