Well, first of all I wanted to buy Ibanez GRG270. But I have heard a lot of craps about it! Although good views were there too. So, I thought to save some money and go for Ibanez RG370DXZ or Ibanez RG350EX. Am I making the right choice? I play stuffs like, metallica, GnR, Joe Satriani, Megadeth, Trivium, BFMV and alt. rock and classics sometimes. Which one should I go for??? Please help!
Well yeh the gio are ibanez's cheapest beginner range so any other ibanez is going to be better
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
If you can stand the color I'd get the Rmo (orange) 370dx. Its got the new edge zero 2 bridge.
The edge 3 on the rest of them isnt completely terrible, but as far as floyds are concerned its a lower end version made with cheaper materials. Not to discourage, i've had my edge 3 for 4 years now and its still perfectly fine.

The only real diff between these models (other then the one i mentioned with a nicer bridge) is the pickguard. 350 has one 370 does not. Same guitar.

Also they are both a fair bit better then the gio.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 9, 2011,
Yeah, I owned a GRG270 for 6 years....the problem for me wasnt really bout the sound, (I've nailed many genres on that beauty and they worked beautifully) but more of it's build quality....I've had the bridge changed cuz it was busted, my neck is starting to crack near the headstock....it's been giving me shit recently....

I highly recommend a RG.....they are affordable and sound really decent for the price, and talk about playability.....if you want advice of specific models and just let us know.....
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
The most important part of getting an Ibanez guitar is making sure the neck will work for you. Compared to almost all other major guitar brands, Ibanez guitars have extremely thin necks.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you're talking new rg350/370 prices.
Go used and get a good mij ibanez rg with an edge tremolo (550/560/570) instead you won't regret it. Great tremolos, MIJ build quality only thing is the pickups but even then there better then the infs.
tldr go used and get a guitar as good as prestige for the same price as the rg350
I agree with coolstoryangus. The MIJ's are incredible and the used ones are easy to find at a decent price
Are not narrow necks supposed to suit those with less big hands?
Quote by ynys
Are not narrow necks supposed to suit those with less big hands?

The size of one's hands has absolutely nothing to do with what neck profile one will find comfortable. There is no way to generalize when it comes to that - you just have to play as many guitars as you can to get an idea of what you find comfortable and what you don't. And it's not just how thick or thin a neck is - small things like the curvature of the neck make a a really big difference.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
The size of one's hands has absolutely nothing to do with what neck profile one will find comfortable. There is no way to generalize when it comes to that - you just have to play as many guitars as you can to get an idea of what you find comfortable and what you don't. And it's not just how thick or thin a neck is - small things like the curvature of the neck make a a really big difference.

I agree with you. But, I think neck preference is less applicable when someone uses a traditional classical posture and hand position, because neck shape and curvature seem to have no effect on comfort, the neck really is just a place to put your thumb.

I used to grip the neck SRV style, until I got into classical playing, and now my palm rarely touches the neck. So now the less neck between me and the fretboard, the more access I will have.