hi guys,

i was recently at my local guitar shop and i saw a very wierd looking gibson but i didnt have time to ask an employee what guitar it is. i came back a few days later and it wasnt there anymore. its nowhere to be seen on the gibson or website and i know that its not a fake because its a very honest shop and serious and succsesful one too.

the guitar looked quite old (i didnt get a very good look at it because it was high up on the wall but i dont think that its old enough to be vintage).
the body shape seems to be very slightly reminiscent of a strat but it looked very out of proportion and the top cutaway is MUCH longer that the bottom cutaway.
the headstock is shaped like on most ibanez guitars but it definately said gibson on it.
their is a five way selector switch and the pickup configuration is HSH.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT GUITAR IT IS?????????!!!!!!!

EDIT: i meant gibson... LOL
Last edited by itamar101 at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by itamar101
it definately said gibon on it.

That is wierd...

I would venture to say it was a gibon...

(Invalid img)
Sounds like a very rare Gibson Wayne Charvel model. Wayne Charvel is the man responsible for the Charvel "super" strat guitars.

They are soposedly amazing guitars, but are extreamly hard to find and quite expensive now days. Only a few hundered guitars were ever made from 1987-1988.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Did it kind of look like this?

Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was going to say U2, but I think Greg got it.

PS: welcome to the club of having a llama in your signature ^

Edit: Now that I think about it, this really doesn't fit the description at all, but I'm gonna' leave it there just for lolz.

Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 9, 2011,
Yep, I think Greg has it. My first thought was the Gibson WRC though!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
figured it was that, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called. so, I went with the Epiphone one since it's the same shape.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
thanks guys, i am convinced that the M-III is the same guitar that i saw in the shop but my younger brother (who was also with me) doesnt think so because we didnt find any pictures with the pickguard he remembers. since that is the the only unsimilarity and the pickguard may not have been stock i for one am convinced but anymore suggestions are welcome.

thanks.
Quote by itamar101
thanks guys, i am convinced that the M-III is the same guitar that i saw in the shop but my younger brother (who was also with me) doesnt think so because we didnt find any pictures with the pickguard he remembers. since that is the the only unsimilarity and the pickguard may not have been stock i for one am convinced but anymore suggestions are welcome.

thanks.

You might try looking through my Gibson thread, it could be in there? My first thought was the M-III but there's a few others that it could be as well.

EDIT: Could it have been this? It's headstock looks kinda similar to an Ibby Iceman headstock, has the H-S-H config, and one horn is definitely longer than the other.

Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Oct 10, 2011,