Page 1 of 2
Last night (early October 9th) I was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol. As the cop came up, he took a 40 of beer from my friend (who is 21) and put it in my hand, then cuffed me. The beer was unopened and in a bag, then cop also told me I was being 'too obviously under 21' when he walked me to the car. They also were trying to arrest another friend who was 21 and had her ID on her.

Fill out the report, yadda yadda yadda. They put 3 different dates on the report. This morning the 9th, yesterday the 8th (the cops signature date), and October 3rd (description of the charge), all at 12:40 AM. Do I have enough weight on my side to get outta this one without the classes etc?
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
Looks like cops word against yours. You're not gonna in this one.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Don't drop the soap.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Stay classy Pit lol.
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Chances are likely that this kinda stuff happened before with these policemen. And so more people probably will have argued against them in a similat matter. Judge will surely take this into account and give you the benefit of the doubt.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Antis0cial
Chances are likely that this kinda stuff happened before with these policemen. And so more people probably will have argued against them in a similat matter. Judge will surely take this into account and give you the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks for the serious response. Do you think the completely wrong dates on the citation will effect anything as well?
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by Blbmbr666
Thanks for the serious response. Do you think the completely wrong dates on the citation will effect anything as well?

Very unlikely.
Quote by Blbmbr666

If you bring it up, yes. If not, they probably won't bother looking at them.
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by Blbmbr666

Mine was a serious response

Quote by Trowzaa
Mine was a serious response

Whoops haha sorry about that man. I also thank you for the serious response.
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by Blbmbr666
Last night (early October 9th) I was charged with a minor in possession of alcohol. As the cop came up, he took a 40 of beer from my friend (who is 21) and put it in my hand, then cuffed me. The beer was unopened and in a bag, then cop also told me I was being 'too obviously under 21' when he walked me to the car. They also were trying to arrest another friend who was 21 and had her ID on her.

Fill out the report, yadda yadda yadda. They put 3 different dates on the report. This morning the 9th, yesterday the 8th (the cops signature date), and October 3rd (description of the charge), all at 12:40 AM. Do I have enough weight on my side to get outta this one without the classes etc?

Cops aren't allowed to search your personal belongings without a warrant as far as I know.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by daytripper75

I thought of that, yeah.
But taking it out of the bag, then placing it in the minor's hands seems a bit uncalled for.
But if it's his word against yours, then yeah, good luck. Maybe the 21 year old can count as a witness to it or something.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
The report or the citation had 3 different dates? You could get off on that.
Quote by Blbmbr666
As the cop came up, he took a 40 of beer from my friend (who is 21) and put it in my hand, then cuffed me.

That didn't happen.
Quote by RU Experienced?
That didn't happen.

I'm with that sentence. They don't cuff you for holding alcohol. And if they did, there's no law against you holding a sealed container of alcohol. No cop goes this far out of their way to cause this much trouble. They also (according to your story) did no BAC testing, by breathalyzer (the reading of which does not stand up in court) or blood sample (which they can do and does stand up in court but you have not included in your story).

So you've got two options: either your story is bogus; or the cop's is. Either way you're not going to jail.
he took a 40 of beer from my friend (who is 21) and put it in my hand

that's just shitty, man.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by Thrashtastic15
ITT: We pretend to understand elements of the law we don't have a clue about

Just another day in the Pit.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by TimboSlice
No cop goes this far out of their way to cause this much trouble.

I dunno, my brother got chased by a couple of guys who ended up being plain clothes police officers.

They jumped out of a van and threatened him and his mates so they ran. It was only when my brother was cornered and about to fight back that he showed his ID. He then submitted to a search and when they found nothing they then took him to the police station and strip searched him.

Given the attitudes of the people I know who are actually in the police, I fully believe his story.

Not all police are dicks, but don't fool yourself into thinking that there aren't dicks in the police.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The three different dates could certainly work in your favor. Was the cop in a car? Dashboard cam maybe? I would definitely at least attempt to fight this in court especially if you have no prior record.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Seems to me its rather that Americans and Brits are cunts.

wut.

Quote by Trowzaa
wut.

My experience with cops:

Cop sees me taking a huge bong rip
Throws siren on
I panic, spill bong water on myself
He laughs and drives off while high fiving his partner

American/British experience with cops:

insanity
The cop literally took the 40 from my friend and put it in my hand. Yes he cuffed me, which I thought was ridiculous. I have multiple witnesses to him forcing the 40 into my hand and cuffing me without asking for ID, as well as possible access to a video of my friend buying said 40 from a local UDF.

And the dates are on the copy of the citation that I got. I can only assume that he did not sit there and write up a report, and if he did I'm sure he used the wrong dates again.

And for those saying get a real lawyer, I already have an appointment on Wednesday with one.
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Quote by Thrashtastic15
My experience with cops:

Throws siren on

insanity

Canadaland sounds awesome.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
My experience with cops:

Throws siren on

insanity

I'd rather get arrested than spill bong water on myself. That shit stinks.

Now I understand why Chuck D said '**** Da Police!'

I genuinely found it hard to believe this to be true. When I heard people saying they hate the police I just think 'you're probably exaggerating', but, upon reading this, they probably weren't.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Blbmbr666

That is enough to get it thrown out in court in some cases.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Dirge Humani
If you're over 18, you're allowed to transport unopened bottles of alcohol.

Why didn't I think of this? Welp, court case won haha, thanks man!

EDIT: If this applies in Ohio, of course. But that on top of everything else makes me feel a bit better about it.
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Last edited by Blbmbr666 at Oct 9, 2011,
You had alcohol and were under 21. You can't even be in a car that has alcohol in it unless you are with your parents. Because you were with friend who had alcohol you were "in possession" get a lawyer. I got my DUI down to a possession recently.

Besides your just gonna get a year of probation you will be fine (assuming this is your first offense)
Quote by Blbmbr666
Why didn't I think of this? Welp, court case won haha, thanks man!

EDIT: If this applies in Ohio, of course. But that on top of everything else makes me feel a bit better about it.

It actually looks like it varies from state to state, like most alcohol laws. I know it is legal in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

http://www.alcohollaws.org/ohioalcohollaws.html

Legal Age for Drinking/Serving Alcohol

As in all states, you must be 21 to consume alcohol. You must also be 21 years of age to work as a bartender. However, an individual can work as a server in a restaurant that sells alcohol at age 19, and 18 is the minimum age to work in a liquor store or transport alcohol.
Last edited by Dirge Humani at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by Dirge Humani
It actually looks like it varies from state to state, like most alcohol laws. I know it is legal in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

http://www.alcohollaws.org/ohioalcohollaws.html

Yeah I found that site as well. I'll have to bring it up with the lawyer to see if that law is still in effect.
LTD EC-1000 VB
KFG Custom

Marshall AVT 275
Page 1 of 2