We don't hear the music enough!

You got some work to do on your vibrato, it sounds a bit out of scales when bending.
Also it sounds a bit sloppy, you should play it really slowly, part by part, and then increase the tempo a bit ! That's an advice, you'll be more "accurate" !

Anyway it's a good cover choice i'm a fan of Marty's work, I also love his new albums he did in japan !
Last edited by flaphead325 at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by flaphead325
We don't hear the music enough!

You got some work to do on your vibrato, it sounds a bit out of scales when bending.
Also it sounds a bit sloppy, you should play it really slowly, part by part, and there increase the tempo a bit ! That's an advice, you'll be more "accurate" !

Anyway it's a good cover choice i'm a fan of Marty's work, I also love his new albums he did in japan !

Thanks.
The thing is, I don't have a backing track, so if I made the original song any louder in the backing you wouldn't be able to hear my playing too much...
Thanks though, I still haven't figured out how to do great vibrato sadly :/
I love Marty's work as well, haven't heard the new album yet though, will have to check it out!
^^^NOOOO!!!. Sorry but the song is the exact perfect volume. I hate when people have the actual song as loud as their guitar, it causes everyone to think they are playing it perfect when in reality you can't distinguish between the track and their guitar. So if there's one great thing about this video is the volumes are perfect. Otherwise, yea dude you have to practice some over those harder parts more but you're pretty close.
Quote by rockgodman
^^^NOOOO!!!. Sorry but the song is the exact perfect volume. I hate when people have the actual song as loud as their guitar, it causes everyone to think they are playing it perfect when in reality you can't distinguish between the track and their guitar. So if there's one great thing about this video is the volumes are perfect. Otherwise, yea dude you have to practice some over those harder parts more but you're pretty close.

Thanks.
Do you mean the last bit of the solo?
I don't really aim for it to be a 100% note for note cover, I never do.
Hey man, my regards for choosing some Marty stuff. I think this is a pretty solid cover man - I liked the tone, the playing was nice. Yeah, probably you need to work on some aspect of your playing if you want to make something really big, but I think that you play it really good man, keep going!

C4C? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_DgCl0O_Gc
Good job I agree with rockgodman, the volume's fine but other than that it's a pretty good cover,not perfect but pretty good. And always know practice makes perfect!
C4C? Drop something on any one of my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/Jgomez182?feature=mhee