Right I dont know what amp to get next, my budget is £500 and I usually play bands like linkin park avenged sevenfold bullet for my valentine muse paramore you me at six pendulum, so I want it to be able to be good at all them.

Now a few people have told me a Peavey +6505 combo is the amp to get so any suggestions on this or another amp in the same price range??

All response is much appreciated
6505 will be good for the heavier stuff (i've only tried the usa-made heads, though), but not super-versatile.

traynor ycv50b from thomann would be another good option, it probably won't be as good at the heaviest stuff, but it'll be more versatile. and it's probably a better amp- made in canada, v30 speaker, plywood cabinet, it's a really good deal.

Just depends on which tones you need more.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Do you play in a band/gig? Also, are cleans an important part of your tone?
i would go with the traynor, simply because the cleans are better and you can always get a distortion pedal. i pesonally think that it is never a good a idea to buy an amp because of distortion but rather because of its cleans because distortion can always be sorted out by pedals unlike cleans. but the traynor has good distortion anyway
Quote by itamar101
i would go with the traynor, simply because the cleans are better and you can always get a distortion pedal. i pesonally think that it is never a good a idea to buy an amp because of distortion but rather because of its cleans because distortion can always be sorted out by pedals unlike cleans. but the traynor has good distortion anyway

This. I'd find an amp that has an all-over good sound though. Then you can tweak it from there. Although where I'm from £500 isn't enough for anything good. Even used.
I disagree with getting a clean amp if you know distortion is your main priority... i've never got anywhere near as good a tone out of pedals as i've got out of a good tube amp's own distortion. Yes, you might have to compromise a bit on the cleans, but at least you'll not be compromising on the tone you need the most.

That being said, I'd still agree with going for the traynor, unless the BFMV-type stuff is the absolute number 1 priority.

^ thomann ships to denmark, probably free too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've heard the peavey valvekings are good and can handle everything from blues to metal
Like Dave said, the YCV50B is probably your best bet. Get a booster down the road if you need it any heavier, but it should handle your styles pretty nicely on it's own.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/traynor_custom_wave_ycv50b.htm

Quote by chestercheetah
what you really need is a new guitar.

What you really need is to shut the hell up.

Quote by itamar101
distortion can always be sorted out by pedals

That is simply false. There is no pedal to make a Fender Twin sound like a Mesa Recto.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Oct 9, 2011,
Bugera 333XL it will do the heavy stuff fine and clean up very nice.

The Traynor is also a good option
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Nathy137
linkin park

FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see why people would recommend the traynor, but I prefer the distortion on the 6505+. The cleans are *cough**cough* less than spectacular...actually they suck and it sounds pretty dark. But if you're not after cleans then go for the 6505. I personally hate pedals because its a pain to plug them in unless you have a pedalboard but w/e..
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by TheQuailman
Like Dave said, the YCV50B is probably your best bet. Get a booster down the road if you need it any heavier, but it should handle your styles pretty nicely on it's own.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/traynor_custom_wave_ycv50b.htm

What you really need is to shut the hell up.

That is simply false. There is no pedal to make a Fender Twin sound like a Mesa Recto.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?