I have seen a few schematics for LPB's here and 'round the net, and was wondering if anyone knew of, or has a schematic for a decent treble boost

I'm trying to keep costs low, (and hopefully get a uniqueish sound) by building it myself, however if there is a cheap/good commercial option available, I'm open to it.

I currently play a mexican Fender Tele, through a Fender Frontman 212, I use a proco Rat2 distortion pedal, and I just need to a boost to cut through the mix for solos and stuff.
I mostly play indie rock (I know indie isnt a genre but its easy to say)

cheers to anyone who can offer any advice

I've got schematics for a few: EHX Screaming Bird, Fryer Dallas Range Master, Dan Armstrong Red Ranger, Supa Nova, Vox.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
cool, what would you reccomend, like I said Im looking to play sorta indie brit rock stuff, like old arctic monkeys, wombats, kooks etc
as another maybe helpful mod, because i cant help you with the treb boost, i do have the simple "reverse tone" mod on my webpage. you can use one of your pots as a tone that cuts lows and leaves treble, which then you can turn up and have boosted treble
I've never used a treble boost before, so I can't say which are good for what you want. Best I can suggest is to research the rigs of the bands you mentioned.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
these are a few good ones that sound good with out the bull sh!t involved with germanium transistors.

http://www.runoffgroove.com/omega.html this one has a range knob to adjust from treble boost to full range boost highly recommended by me. plays nicely with my tube amps.

http://www.muzique.com/schem/projects.htm check out the muffmaster on this link. dallas rangemaster-like sound but a little simpler and no Ge headaches