Hey guys.
I wasn't exactly sure where to place this thread, but I think this will suffice. So, in POD Farm, I was attempting to use some presets in the software. You know, just mess around and see what is there. When I stumbled upon the, "2 Hands, Big Hair," preset it told me that I didn't have Classic Distortion enable on my Guitar Port. So I went and checked GearBox. "2 Hands, Big Hair" worked fine on there. I had Classic Distortion enabled. So the problem is that POD Farm doesn't recognize any presets that I have on GearBox. Does anyone know a solution? I've already checked Line 6 and had no luck.
Make sure everything is up to date is step one. Which I am sure you did. As for line 6 customer support…good luck with that. You tried line 6 forums as well right. You didn't specify if you did forums or support.
Quote by FireHawk
Make sure everything is up to date is step one. Which I am sure you did. As for line 6 customer support…good luck with that. You tried line 6 forums as well right. You didn't specify if you did forums or support.

Gearbox is not up-to-date because I don't need the drivers for windows 7. I'll do that then I'll get back to you. Support was no help and neither were the forums.
Trying running the Line 6 Licenser Tool and see if that carries over your old presets.

On a semi-unrelated note, I haven't even touched POD Farm since that horrible 2.5 update came out and broke everything. I can't even be assed to check and see if they've fixed it yet.
Quote by Odirunn
Trying running the Line 6 Licenser Tool and see if that carries over your old presets.

On a semi-unrelated note, I haven't even touched POD Farm since that horrible 2.5 update came out and broke everything. I can't even be assed to check and see if they've fixed it yet.

I ran the License Manager, I assume that is what you meant. It didn't change a thing. I think 2.5 is what messed it all up. I downloaded it and since then I've had nothing but problems and complications.
It's a shame if that's the case - last time I touched Pod Farm I was uninspired by most of it, but was overjoyed that I could recreate a few of the effects that made me keep my Spider II for so long before eventually selling it, despite having my Hughes & Kettner for two and a half years at that point... I'd never use a Spider live, but did use it for one effect at the end of a song and I really wish I could recreate that effect elsewhere, but maybe one day I'll get that Line 6 modulation pedal (the big box out of those '__4 series' ones... think it's the ML4.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I hate how my pod farm works perfect and I never use it and read how everyone has problems I only use the tuner in it lol

I still have my spider 3 like a boss lol
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 9, 2011,
Can't you just uninstall 2.5 and reinstall the previous version?

I haven't upgraded to 2.5, because I heard of the issues, but I'd imagine it'd be possible to "downgrade"?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Can't you just uninstall 2.5 and reinstall the previous version?

I haven't upgraded to 2.5, because I heard of the issues, but I'd imagine it'd be possible to "downgrade"?

I don't use 2.5. I uninstalled it because 1: The trial ran out. 2: I didn't like it.

Quote by Firehawk
I hate how my pod farm works perfect and I never use it and read how everyone has problems I only use the tuner in it lol

I still have my spider 3 like a boss lol

I still have my Spider III. It's the only amp I have in my room, but because Line 6 is an inferior company to others, the input jack is busted and keeps falling in the amp. My dad always fixes it for me and we keep trying to come up with a permanent solution, but alas none exists.
Last edited by carnagereap666 at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by carnagereap666
I don't use 2.5. I uninstalled it because 1: The trial ran out. 2: I didn't like it.

You should get POD Farm as a free upgrade with your GuitarPort.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I feel like I should state the status of my predicament in a new post.

Everything on my computer is up to date. GearBox recognizes that I have all these effects and tones. POD Farm doesn't recognize that I have them. I have POD Farm 1. I had POD Farm 2.5 but discarded it because it was foolish to use it. I want POD Farm to realize that I have all my tones in working condition, but for some reason POD Farm doesn't realize it.
Are the presets compatible with pod farm 1? I thought some of the pedals and stuff didn't work with pod farm 1…but I guess if they show up I am wrong
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 10, 2011,
why dont u just run gearbox,u dont need podfarm do u?,best thing to do is register if u already havent at line6 website,just download it again,it should work after that.
Why not just make your own presets? The stock line 6 ones are pretty shitty anyway. And to everyone saying 2.5 broke stuff: If you're saying that because sometimes it crashes then you get no sound but you can still use POD Farm, you're stupid. It's because ASIO is not meant to handle being used as a soundcard.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Why not just make your own presets? The stock line 6 ones are pretty shitty anyway. And to everyone saying 2.5 broke stuff: If you're saying that because sometimes it crashes then you get no sound but you can still use POD Farm, you're stupid. It's because ASIO is not meant to handle being used as a soundcard.

Nope.

It's a pretty well-known fact that 2.5 is ****ed up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Nope.

I heard a lot about 2.5 being ****ed up, but never had issues myself. Though I got 2.51 as soon as that came out.

What exactly was messed up about 2.5?
Quote by MatrixClaw
Nope.

Been using 2.5 for like 4 months now and I've not had one problem at all.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by austhrax
why dont u just run gearbox,u dont need podfarm do u?,best thing to do is register if u already havent at line6 website,just download it again,it should work after that.

Proper grammar. Use it. I want POD Farm because I am used to it and I like the interface of it. I wouldn't be posting about it if I didn't want to use it.

Quote by Twistedrock

I want to but in order to do that, I would like the tones and effects I paid $50 for. As for the 2.5 issue, I'm not going to blame it for messing things up but I think it is more than coincidence that as soon as I install 2.5, everything DAW or VST related crashes and burns in an epic descent into madness from which an inconceivable amount of cosmic energy, which our puny mortal minds cannot comprehend without the aid of the Galan Sphere, will decimate everything. And everybody knows that the only way to obtain and harness the Galan Sphere is to travel to Abell 1835 IR1916. A distant galaxy from which you shall meet the Omnieity. He will enlighten your conscience to understand such celestial concepts such as the Poliocentric model, which in human terms, can be understood as the theory that all conceivable ideas are represented by universes in which your idea is the core purpose from which these universes exist, are orbiting the Unistar. The star from which all light is produced. The speed of cosmic objects in the Omniverse is far beyond that of the speed of light. While the speed of light is 299,792,458 miles per second, the speed of the Galan Sphere is 876,566,114,893 Miles per microsecond. So that's why I think 2.5 isn't as good as 1.
Last edited by carnagereap666 at Oct 12, 2011,
Quote by carnagereap666
Proper grammar. Use it. I want POD Farm because I am used to it and I like the interface of it. I wouldn't be posting about it if I didn't want to use it.

I want to but in order to do that, I would like the tones and effects I paid $50 for. As for the 2.5 issue, I'm not going to blame it for messing things up but I think it is more than coincidence that as soon as I install 2.5, everything DAW or VST related crashes and burns in an epic descent into madness from which an inconceivable amount of cosmic energy, which our puny mortal minds cannot comprehend without the aid of the Galan Sphere, will decimate everything. And everybody knows that the only way to obtain and harness the Galan Sphere is to travel to Abell 1835 IR1916. A distant galaxy from which you shall meet the Omnieity. He will enlighten your conscience to understand such celestial concepts such as the Poliocentric model, which in human terms, can be understood as the theory that all conceivable ideas are represented by universes in which your idea is the core purpose from which these universes exist, are orbiting the Unistar. The star from which all light is produced. The speed of cosmic objects in the Omniverse is far beyond that of the speed of light. While the speed of light is 299,792,458 miles per second, the speed of the Galan Sphere is 876,566,114,893 Miles per microsecond. So that's why I think 2.5 isn't as good as 1.

i really hope u cant get it to work,only trying to help,your the one who's asking for help.
Quote by carnagereap666

Mind = ****ed

Also, by presets I mean the actual patches. I see no reason why you can't just make your own patches, they'd most likely sound a ton better. If you want I can just make a couple for you that sound like the ones you want to use and send them to you? If that would work of course
Quote by Cathbard

Quote by austhrax
i really hope u cant get it to work,only trying to help,your the one who's asking for help.

Sorry to be an ass, but I hate when people don't use proper grammar. In order for a society or culture or community to function, all parties should be able to understand what another party is trying to communicate to them.

Quote by Twistedrock

Also, by presets I mean the actual patches. I see no reason why you can't just make your own patches, they'd most likely sound a ton better. If you want I can just make a couple for you that sound like the ones you want to use and send them to you? If that would work of course.

I don't understand what you mean. My goal is to be able to make use of the 3 add-ons I paid for. I have my tone in POD Farm all set, but I want to improve upon it using the add-ons I paid for. And besides, I'd rather make my own tone than have someone else make it for me. Thank you for the offer though.
if you can still use your GuitarPort as an input, you should spend a little cash and buy the mellowhead by mellownuse. sounds are incredible and its relatively cheap. $50. you can get the demo for free, but the sound drops out every few seconds after the first couple minutes. the sound quality alone is worth the $50 for the registered version. do that and get back to me.
Quote by westley23j
if you can still use your GuitarPort as an input, you should spend a little cash and buy the mellowhead by mellownuse. sounds are incredible and its relatively cheap. $50. you can get the demo for free, but the sound drops out every few seconds after the first couple minutes. the sound quality alone is worth the $50 for the registered version. do that and get back to me.

Hmm... I'll have to try the demo of this one. The clips on their website sound gross, though. Hopefully it doesn't sound like that, cause the tone sounds insanely digital.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Hmm... I'll have to try the demo of this one. The clips on their website sound gross, though. Hopefully it doesn't sound like that, cause the tone sounds insanely digital.

im actually very pleased with it. to me, its sounds 1,000,000 better than guitar rig. (guess i gotta change my sig hahaha) i found that if you arent entirely happy with the sounds, but feel they have potential, record two tracks simultaneously with two different guitar tones.

this plug in is ridiculously flexible. multiple cab options, mic options/placements, you can even choose between 6L6 or EL34 tubes. the Recabinet Demo has some cool options as well.
Quote by carnagereap666
Sorry to be an ass, but I hate when people don't use proper grammar. In order for a society or culture or community to function, all parties should be able to understand what another party is trying to communicate to them.

I don't understand what you mean. My goal is to be able to make use of the 3 add-ons I paid for. I have my tone in POD Farm all set, but I want to improve upon it using the add-ons I paid for. And besides, I'd rather make my own tone than have someone else make it for me. Thank you for the offer though.

fair enough,im from downunder and we are pretty laid back here
I've used POD Farm 2.51 for a while now and it hasn't ****ed up a single time yet. But I don't own a Line6 interface though, so maybe that's why it works so good.

And I listened to those Mellowhead-samples on their website and they sounded like shit.
Bubonic Studio
Turning death & mayhem into audio
Quote by enghell
I've used POD Farm 2.51 for a while now and it hasn't ****ed up a single time yet. But I don't own a Line6 interface though, so maybe that's why it works so good.

And I listened to those Mellowhead-samples on their website and they sounded like shit.

I always thought you needed a Line 6 interface. I guess not.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on what to do?