Im looking for some amplification for my Taylor 210-e. I want something that I can eventually put an electric guitar onto. Im hoping to play a small bars or cafe's eventually so itll have to be moderately sized. hoping not to spend more than $500. Any suggestions?
VHT special 6 ultra. however, if you want to keep sparkly cleans with no grit whatsoever your gonna have to get an amp with a lot more headroom. i've got the special 6 and at bedroom levels the cleans are pristine but it really responds to pick attack. you can add just a little bit of dirt depending on how you pick. i imagine playing the acoustic through it will sound pretty good though.

also, i have active emg's so they probably add more dirt to my signal than an acoustic electric would so it will probably stay clean for a while
Quote by agelesslink
Im looking for some amplification for my Taylor 210-e. I want something that I can eventually put an electric guitar onto. Im hoping to play a small bars or cafe's eventually so itll have to be moderately sized. hoping not to spend more than $500. Any suggestions?

most bars and cafe's have a pa system.

so you have to decide, what you want most?
most acoustics lose their acoustic mojo through an electric amp.

if you only have $500 you can't afford a rivera sedona...

so, maybe instead, get the type of electric amp you want
(something wt good cleans) and
a DI to line in the acoustic.

and use the house PA when playing out.

or if you want to amp up the taylor at home, spend a few hundred on a
home pa system and save for the electric amp next.

something for double duty, probably isnt as cost efficient or as
tonally preferred as getting two different amps.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
something for double duty, probably isnt as cost efficient or as
tonally preferred as getting two different amps.

i was afraid youd say that. it was in the back of my mind, but i was hoping differently
Quote by agelesslink
i was afraid youd say that. it was in the back of my mind, but i was hoping differently

yeah, i mean, i have a taylor t5.

so i get what you're talking about.

i play it acoustic with a small band through my pa,
practice at home.

then hook it (or other electric) up to my electric amp for that tone.

when i play out acoustic sets, the bar has a PA.

hanging with friends, i might bring a portable powered pa wedge,
or an electric amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011