So yesterday my good friend and I went to the store to get some munchies (lazy Saturday ftw). It's Halloween season as you all know and so there were a few aisles dedicated solely to fun-sized candy. They were selling a special Halloween themed Reese's Peanut Butter cup for 69 cents, and my roommate picked one up and ate it. I said "you're going to pay for that, right?" He was like "yeah dude, of course." Soon after, we split up and met up at the car about 20 minutes later.

While we were driving, I asked about it. This is basically how our conversation went:
Me: So you paid for that candy, right?
Him: No I didn't
Me: So you stole it then?

Then he said "I guess in a sense I stole it," and proceeded to justify why he stole the candy. He said that it was so cheap and because we were at a big-box store and not a small, local place, he decided the store wouldn't miss 69 cents. He's a big proponent of the new Occupy Wall Street movement, which probably influenced his decision making. I had never seen him do anything like this before and I was kind of disappointed with him but I was way too stoned to argue at that point, so I let it go.

So my question is: I know he did something clearly wrong, but how would you respond if you were in my situation?
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Sorry but you sound really whiney in that storey. His decision, I wouldn't care, just wouldn't shop with him again.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Because I basically get taught all types of financial stuff for running a warehouse…I would explain to him how many of those reese's need to be sold to make up the profit. Believe or not it's quite a few
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 9, 2011,
If he wants to steal it, whether I agree with it or not, I wouldn't interfere. Unless it's a decision that could actually harm someone, let people choose their own actions.
Quote by Venice King
Sorry but you sound really whiney in that storey. His decision, I wouldn't care, just wouldn't shop with him again.

Quote by Dirge Humani
So he's a douchebag using current events in the world to justify his douchebaggery.

Yeah, what they said.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
He stole a 69'er of candy?

I'm trying to make a dirty joke out of this but it just isn't coming.

Though maybe your friend did.

... nah, I got nuthin.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Oct 9, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
He stole a 69'er of candy?

I'm trying to make a dirty joke out of this but it just isn't coming.

Though maybe your friend did.

... nah, I got nuthin.

I expected more from you.
I have friends who do shit like that, and others who break into cars and shit, and then other who don't steal. When I go to a store with friends who take shit I don't stop them but I don't encourage it

The only time I've ever told a friend off for stealing something was when we were at the local market and he took some drink and walked out with it. I only told him off cuz it was a local market that was literally weeks away from closing their doors because sooo many kids would go there for lunch and just take a $1 drink, after enough kids have done that the owner lost so much money he nearly closed.
Plus the guys who work there are always nice, they always let me and my friends skate their docks behind the store, they even let us build like a fort in the back. We'd always go back there and smoke lots of weed and light off fireworks and shit, and they knew about it but never stopped us. So for all that I felt bad about my friend takin shit from them.
But when we go to wal mart and places like that i don't really give a ****. Big box stores suck, and ruin small business' so I don't care if people steal from them...
I smoke like Rasta, got hair like pasta
I be sippin' on them shots then bustin' rhymes like Busta

Load up the bong, crank up the song, let the informa call 911
Occupy Wall Street is for ****ing dirty hipsters.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I wouldn't give a shit. I certainly wouldn't whine and bitch about it on a guitar forum.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

you should have called the police and had him arrested. that'll learn him.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wouldn't give a shit. I certainly wouldn't whine and bitch about it on a guitar forum.

This.
ggg1 ggg3

Who cares?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."