I am somewhat pessimistic
15 16%
I am pessimistic
18 19%
Voters: 93.
Page 1 of 2
Simple question.

Here's a cool study:

One reason optimists retain a positive outlook even in the face of evidence to the contrary has been discovered, say researchers.

A study, published in Nature Neuroscience, suggests the brain is very good at processing good news about the future.

However, in some people, anything negative is practically ignored - with them retaining a positive world view.

The authors said optimism did have important health benefits.

Scientists at University College London said about 80% of people were optimists, even if they would not label themselves as such.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15214080

Interesting stuff.

Anyways, I'd say I'm quite optimistic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I bet I'm more optimistic then anyone else in this thread.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I'm very pessimistic.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I'm optimistic, but I mask my optimism with pessimism in order to not get my hopes up in certain situations.

Being cynical helps me be optimistic for some reason that I can't explain. So yes, i'm quite optimistic.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't know, to be honest.

After putting thought into it, I'm slightly pessimistic, but every now and then I get into these weird optimistic moods.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Oct 9, 2011,
i'd say about this much:

<------------------------------>
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Am I optomistic? I hope so ....
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
I'm very pessimistic, but this is actually pretty interesting.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Im a realist , optimists live in a fairy dream type of world and choose to ignore the facts because they are too weak to accept them.
Not so much right now.

Damn Phillies and Eagles suck. I got no money, no job. I've just been a ball of miserable this past month. Usually I am very upbeat.
Quote by burghUK
Im a realist , optimists live in a fairy dream type of world and choose to ignore the facts because they are too weak to accept them.

Or we just don't give a shit.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
In the case of the "glass half empty/full" example. It's depends on whether you're filling it up or emptying it.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by burghUK

I'm a pessimist mostly but it depends on what we're talking about.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by WCPhils
Or we just don't give a shit.

Wrong , you live in a world of ignorance.

You wake up in the morning and see a news report on global warming , an optimist will be all "everything will probably turn out fine , why is everyone worrying?". In REALITY its proven that everything will NOT turn out fine but you choose not to face the facts to save yourself from the guilt and misery.

thus proving optimism is no more than a coping mechanism and nobody is truly that carefree and happy.
I am pessimistic by nature, but I am generally happy.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
For a pessimist I'm pretty optimistic, they say
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by burghUK

Or optimists accept the facts and don't dwell on them.

Quote by bradulator
I'm optimistic, but I mask my optimism with pessimism in order to not get my hopes up in certain situations.

Being cynical helps me be optimistic for some reason that I can't explain. So yes, i'm quite optimistic.

Ditto, this is me also
Quote by burghUK

You wake up in the morning and see a news report on global warming , an optimist will be all "everything will probably turn out fine , why is everyone worrying?". In REALITY its proven that everything will NOT turn out fine but you choose not to face the facts to save yourself from the guilt and misery.

thus proving optimism is no more than a coping mechanism and nobody is truly that carefree and happy.

lol ok

Quote by Trowzaa
In the case of the "glass half empty/full" example. It's depends on whether you're filling it up or emptying it.

But... No! This is my reasoning! You can't steal my reasoning!

I voted somewhat optimistic.
Quote by burghUK

I tend to be either one depending on how things have been going for me. I tend to feel like I'm on a roll whenever I'm happy and would expect good things to continue to happen.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
This thread is gonna suck very quickly

People have told me I'm fairly optimistic.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by Snowman388
This thread is gonna suck very quickly

People have told me I'm fairly optimistic.

They lied
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by burghUK

I don't see the point of dwelling on things that I can't control.

Why would I think about things that generally have no real affect on me and make me unhappy. That's stupid.
___

Quote by The_Blode
About 7 inches.

Quote by burghUK

You're not a realist, you're just a douchebag.
Quote by burghUK
wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

you're not a realist. You're a coward and a loser.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Depends on my mood, can be anything from very pessimistic to very optimistic :/
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I've given this some thought. I'm pretty cynical, often extremely depressed, and sometimes nihilistic. Since nothing really matters, you can do anything you want, anything can happen, and things will turn out pretty much the same in the end. For some reason this is a very hopeful idea to me, so I'd say I'm optimistic most of the time. Plus, I have an advanced capability to just not give a shit in many cases.

I call it "optimism through nihilism."
Quote by Lion_Slicer
I've given this some thought. I'm pretty cynical, often extremely depressed, and sometimes nihilistic. Since nothing really matters, you can do anything you want, anything can happen, and things will turn out pretty much the same in the end. For some reason this is a very hopeful idea to me, so I'd say I'm optimistic most of the time. Plus, I have an advanced capability to just not give a shit in many cases.

I call it "optimism through nihilism."

I have this as well. I like to think about just how very little I am compared to the entire universe, how little we all are. It takes me out of whatever silly thing is going on and allows me to relax.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
I'm very pessimistic.

Though I have recently realised it mostly stems from my seemingly pathological laziness. Optimism just requires too much effort. When I tell myself I'm going to fix everything and everything's alright, I tend not believe it because I know what a lazy cunt I am.

Quote by Avedas

If I die... tell my wife 'hello.'
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Oct 9, 2011,
i tell all of my friends to be optimistic and tend to give them positive advise about various items they might be having trouble with...towards myself however i'm more cynical and more of a pessimist.

i find it difficult to push aside any doubts or fears i may have in any given situation, and sometimes they tend to consume me to the point where i border on irrationality...but i try hard to fight it and to see the more positive aspects of life and not to dwell on the negative.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Page 1 of 2