Alright so I have a P bass deluxe and i love it but right now ive been playing a lot of metal since i am in a metal band and when i play stuff like lamb of god in drop d my e string slaps against the pickup every once in a while and makes a popping noise. Should I just adjust the action or ive noticed a lot of the metal guys play on jackson basses and esp's and stuff that is kind of labeled "metal" do these basses actually make a difference? All advice is appreciated!!
Nothing a good a setup and a slightly heavier gauge set of strings couldn't fix!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Your bass needs a setup.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
^ Two +1's there.

Quote by 4ply87
ive noticed a lot of the metal guys play on jackson basses and esp's and stuff that is kind of labeled "metal" do these basses actually make a difference? All advice is appreciated!!

Any bass can be used for any genre or style of music, especially a Fender Precision or Jazz.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Either lower the p-ups' height, adjust the action so it's higher or don't slap too hard.
Professional lurker since 2009.
alright thanks guys im gonna do that but my question still stands about the jackson, esp, schecter basses that seem to be called "metal" basses. Is it just looks or what makes it "metal" ive always just gone by what sounds good and is comfy to play...
Depends on which you prefer, style or substance. Personally, if it sounds good and is comfy to play, that's all that counts. Anything else is moronic. If it happens to look good too, all the better, but it should be the last consideration.
This may be a bit off topic, but when you make a thread, try and make the title a little more specific.

On topic: Setup.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by 4ply87
alright thanks guys im gonna do that but my question still stands about the jackson, esp, schecter basses that seem to be called "metal" basses. Is it just looks or what makes it "metal" ive always just gone by what sounds good and is comfy to play...
I have a lot of Charvel/Jackson basses 4ply, but anything can be a metal bass. I have some that work much better for BEAD tuning in metal songs when I'm not using my Charvel 5string, and some that sound better DGCF/EADG in everything else ( Including metal ). A Jazz bass only LOOKS weird when everyone else is playing a pointyhead, but for tone? anything setup properly works, and if your show is not a "everyone smile for the camera and show your matched guitars+bass" show, then who cares who makes it if the tone fits.