cuz im an idiot i was tuning my low g string today and it snapped. is there a way to buy just that string since bass strings are so expensive?

thanks in advance,
thrash17

EDIT: sorry not low g, i mean high g string
Last edited by thrash17 at Oct 9, 2011,
yeah it was .45 gauge, just standard strings. as far as D'addario i have no idea what your talking about. i live in new york so all the shops i have nearby are sam ash and just local stores. but thanks
D'Addario is a string brand.

I'd suggest taking a stroll into one of those shops and seeing if they sell singles.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Pretty much any good music shop should sell single strings. Just ask for a bass G string at your local shop, and most likely they'll have it.
Professional lurker since 2009.
If you have round wounds and a different brand, I'd just buy a whole new set. It'll cost more but you'll have an even sound.
Quote by GeezerNIB
Of course you can!

LOW G?

With Rotosound Drop Zone+ strings you can tune to a low F#... Though he did edit his post and said he meant a high G.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Some shops will offer single strings for sale. A local shop here does this, but it's slightly more expensive per string to replace them one-by-one than it is per the cost of the same string when bought as a pack.