I wrote this song a long time ago and it took me ages to write because I was stuck after the intro. I went from giving up completely, to making it an instrumental, to finally making a mainly instrumental song with 6 lines of lyrics sang by the singer of my band.

Please check it out and tell me what you think, the song is called "Out of the Blue"!

www.myspace.com/skinteethmusic

C4C!
thedefrockednun,
Thank you for the reviews! I appreciate it! I spent 15 minutes surfing around your myspace (I have never seen a myspace like that before), and I couldn't find your song "Out of the Blue". I own an iMac. I tried it on Safari and Firefox, and no luck. Can you give specific instructions on how to find "Out of the Blue" so I can hear it? Just out of curiousity, do you currently live in Hungary or Glasgow, Scotland or ?

Edit: OK, now listening to "Out of the Blue". The guitar sounds pleasant. Good riffs. The vocals sound pretty good. The song could be made longer & perhaps add some drums. Sounds good overall.
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Oct 11, 2011,
Same here.. Didn't see a single song. Checked your profile as well. Are you from Deland? I live in the Orlando area.
After a bit of detective work, I managed to find the song by clicking on the stream tab.

Nice clean guitar intro. The song has a nice chilled out feel to it. Vocals are pretty good and fit well with the rest of the music. I like the laid back vibe and the overall sound of it is good, production wise. The only downside is that it's rather short, maybe you could extend it a bit. What there is of it, I like though.
I like the intro guitar, and really just the guitar throughout sounds really good to me. The vocals sound good, though I think they could be raised in the mix a bit more and maybe have a little bit more emotion behind them if that makes sense. Overall I really liked this, great job
I agree with V. The vocals got lost in the mix. The song sounds nice. The vocals being a bit clearer would be a big improvement. I have a song that ended up the same way. I only got 6 lines of lyrics and a good bass, rhythm and lead. But I couldn't seem to build it into more than a 2 minute song. I keep promising myself I'l go back and make it happen. It's called StreetWise in my sig link if you are interested.

I have 3 songs up now for C4C. Please check out one of them and leave a comment....

Baldwin Park (blues)
Sneaky (chill)
Some Bird (easy listening)
Thanks for the review, shit i'm sorry it's taken so long to review your track, I haven't been on UG in a while! I think what you have here is some really good ideas, very well recorded, the vocals and guitar sound clean and clear. I think you should develop this into a fuller song, maybe have a lead guitar or something come in and drums to push it forward. The transition from picking individual notes to strumming is smooth and natural and I love the singing, whoever it is has a beautiful voice.