Page 1 of 5
For me the one I see the most and can't stand is any Ibanez RG model, ESPECIALLY the lower-end models.

But then again, I'm a Les Paul guy, so it's just my taste in guitars I guess.

And about 5 months ago a Telecaster would have been in this topic too but I've grown quite fond of them recently.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
The regular Gibson Flying V.
I like the randy rhoads flying v from ESP and Jackson I just dont like the normal flying v. I don't know why.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
I hate almost any ibanez and stratocasters, but i like the other fenders for some reason...
Quote by Josher.K
The regular Gibson Flying V.
I like the randy rhoads flying v from ESP and Jackson I just dont like the normal flying v. I don't know why.

I have to agree with you on this. I have a Rhoads V myself and it just looks so much better than the Gibson V. For me it's because I hate the rounded points on the Gibson.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I'm not an SG man.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Pretty much all Ibanez guitars, most Schecters, most B.C. Rich (even though those aren't really popular around here...), some ESP guitars.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Any Dean Dimebag model, DBZ guitars are ugly, Ibanez Xiphos, Jackson Kelly, Gibson Flying V, all BC Riches except the Mockingbird, Parker guitars are butt-ugly.

Now this isn't baised on how these guitars play, but rather how un-atractive they are IMO.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Oct 9, 2011,
The only Ibanez guitar I can say I truly like is mostly because of the finish and the pickups. The Ibanez JEM77 Floral Pattern. It's part of the Steve Vai collection I think.

Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I don't like Sunburst finish Strats, and I think the finishes on the ESP/LTD Snakebytes make them look cheap and toyish honestly. I'm getting really sick of seeing a lot of black guitars too. It's been really cheesy for a long time
Anything with a Floyd rose, they're just unnecessary for me. I'd prefer a Fender or Bigsby tremolo.
Yeah, I really don't like the RG, either. Give me an S over that any day.

I used to hate Teles, too but I've grown to appreciate them. I just really used to hate the look of them.

I hate the look of most, if not all BC Rich models excluding the Mockingbird, and I'm not particularly fond of pointy guitars in general, Save for the Vs and Explorer shapes.

I've also never seen the appeal of anything by ESP, or Dean, for that matter (Except maybe certain ML models.)

There's a lot of stuff on my blacklist based solely on appearance. I'm sure if I tired a lot of these guitars out I'd like them, but until then...
i hate strats with rosewood fretboards, except for sunburst ones

a candy apple strat with a rosewood fretboard and the maple headstock just looks cheap to me
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
Basses
*trollface*
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by Swannie
a candy apple strat with a rosewood fretboard and the maple headstock just looks cheap to me

You just described my favourite guitar. I think it looks beautiful. When I ordered it I went into the shop asking for a white one with a maple neck, and they said they were all out of white ones. I asked what colours they had available and When he said candy apple red with rosewood I knew it was the one for me.
I don't like:

-Epis(IMO they're poor-sounding guitars with overly large price tags(and in the Dot's case, necks)

-Black Strats with white pickguards and rosewood fretboards(I'm after seeing so many $40 Chinese beginner-pack plywood pieces of crap in this configuration that anything with this look makes me think of one of those)

-ESP/LTD Vipers/Fs(The Viper looks like someone squashed an SG to me, and the F...that thing's just plain-out hideous IMO)

-PRSes with bird inlays(...*holds up flameshield*I THINK THEY'RE TACKY AS HELL AND LOOK MORE SUITABLE FOR A GRANOLA BAR PACKAGE. D= Like, I see them and I'm, like, "Paul Reed Smith: 7 Essential Grains.)

-Schecter Avengers/Revengers(Aside from the fact that I hate A7X, it looks like a retarded backwards BC Rich Mockingbird, and I can't stand those pinstripes some of them have)

...AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

-Parker guitars. To me, they look like this thing crossed with a Strat...

Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
i don't like flying v's, i really don't like the gigantic Dean headstocks that look bigger than the body of some guitars.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by Ragu35
The only Ibanez guitar I can say I truly like is mostly because of the finish and the pickups. The Ibanez JEM77 Floral Pattern. It's part of the Steve Vai collection I think.

I think this was actually the winner of a fan design contest. ****in' cool either way. Except for that monkey handle, I hate that about these RGs.
I hate guitars with large ugly floral patterns like the one posted up there^, especially if they're multiple colors.

I also hate guitars with pointy edges, like those damn spiky Vs, deans, etc.

I like Telecasters and the round edged Gibson V.
Quote by institutions
I hate guitars with large ugly floral patterns like the one posted up there^, especially if they're multiple colors.

I also hate guitars with pointy edges, like those damn spiky Vs, deans, etc.

I like Telecasters and the round edged Gibson V.

oh ho ho. I see what you did there.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
Razorbacks...they are huge and ugly...

most natural finishes, cheezy and played out...

Most gibsons...who doesnt have one?

Ibanez's....minus the 540 PII

Jackson demmelition v.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I hate parkers little upper horn and headstock.
Also that bc rich that looks like devil horns
The body style synyster uses, body style dan donnegan uses...

Thats about it. I love alot of the guitars you all hate.
Thats okay. More for me!
the LTD F series guitars.

GROSS
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by socalguitar
PRS. don't get me wrong there nice guitars but way over priced.

So you dont hate the guitars.....

I hate the price of everything. This thread is for hating guitars.
I would say the EVH Wolfgang, most Rickenbackers, that new Line 6 Variax and the Dean Razerback are the #1 on my list for ugly guitars that cause me to hate them.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Don't like Vs or Explorers. I like the look of Les Pauls, but regarding playability, they just aren't for me. Same with Teles. Oh, and any guitar made to look vintage. Never understood that really.
Quote by griffin888
Don't like Vs or Explorers. I like the look of Les Pauls, but regarding playability, they just aren't for me. Same with Teles. Oh, and any guitar made to look vintage. Never understood that really.

The "I have only played guitar for a year but I want it to look like it has been 20 years" guys. Huge market apparently.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
i must say i do not like of a good majority of PRS. i too dislike the birds inlays, the tops are so gaudy and look rediculous, i dont like the shape of most of them.

i do however have to add i have played a few prs guitars here and there, and the (non SE) ones are very nice playing good sounding instruments.

i hate the razorbacks like quite a few have mentioned, i dont care for anything pointy with the exception of an RG done right (i like the look of my 3550 prestige in galaxy white and black chrome), s series are nice but i haven' found the right one yet, or you woudl be reading a NGD post right now... lol.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
metalhead deans, pretty much any super pointy gaudy guitars.

and strats, idk why anymore.
I prefer to not play the ones that have a 24.75" (or shorter!) scale length, since that makes it dang near impossible to tune below B and sound good. The HIGHest I ever tune my lowest string on my guitars is B (Even on my acoustic, which is in B Standard), and I spend a lot of time with a low G#. (Contrary to popular belief, it sounds pretty good if you use the right strings, I personally use a .64)
I just like the sound better, s'all. Weird thing is, I own an Epiphone with a 24.75" scale length, and I actually still downtune it. It's tuned (Low to High) BADGBC (no I'm not kidding). I use it in a progressive metal project of mine.

Actually, if I ever for whatever reason received one of those 24" scale Fenders, I'd probably get super-light strings and tune it UP to G# standard or something ridiculous. Just for fun. XD I like to shun the conventional with regard to music in general. :P

Oh. And those huge V-shaped headstocks on most Dean models are just out-of-place to me. Beyond that I have no problem with any guitars, and will play just about anything.
I really hate Dean ML's and Razorback's. I'm not to fond of the Rhodes V's either. I don't really see my self playing a Flying V or an Explorer but I like the way they look.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
The ones that look the worst to me off the top of my head are the Telecaster shape, and the Gibson Flying V shape.

Quote by shecter guy
I'm getting really sick of seeing a lot of black guitars too. It's been really cheesy for a long time

How exactly is the color black cheesy? Seriously?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
i think bc rich and sg models are the worst ^^ and all guitars with abalone binding
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard