Howdy folks! Poking my head in here again after a while to give you a geetar update! Picked up this beauty from a local pawn shop, apparently some dude pawned it a few months back and never came back to get it. Sucks for him. Played it for about 45 mins in the store and then haggled the broker down to $475.

Anyhow, it's a Guild DCE5 (A 2000 model I believe [going by the serial sheet on Guild's website]) and was one of the last guitars manufactured in the Westerly, RI plant before being purchased by Fender and moving to Corona.

Man does this beauty sing! Solid AA spruce top and rosewood laminate back and sides but I have always been a fan of the mix! The guitar is more on the hefty side but it really has some loudness despite the cutaway and old-school gaudy Fishman pickups (one piezo and one mic I believe). Haven't messed around with it much plugged in but it has a piezo/mic blend on it that you can do some cool things with.

The neck is bigger C-shaped Les Paul-style neck that people refer to as a "baseball bat" neck because of it's size. I have big hands though so they fit pretty nicely.

Anyways, check out some pics! Sorry for the quality; low lighting and mobile phone :|

Edit: Little recording I did this morning after breakfast! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5612838/guild-test.mp3

Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Last edited by cdr_salamander at Oct 9, 2011,
nice man, i love guilds
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
congrats - guilds are great guitars, and this one is a beauty!
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the kind comments guys! She is really living up to the expectations I put up for her. She is in dire need of a pro setup which will be accomplished soon enough. I will definitely have more sound-bits of her when she is 100% healthy!

Really guys, thanks again
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE