I'm looking for a good fuzz pedal that can get some old school nintendo like 8 bit sounds out of it.

any suggestions?
Quote by supersac
theres the legend of fuzz which is kinda made for that kinda sound

This. It's by a company called Devi Ever and they specialize in fuzz pedals. Definitely worth checking out.
For Queens sound get the Fulltone Ultimate-Octave. It's what John Homme uses.
Quote by supersac
theres the legend of fuzz which is kinda made for that kinda sound

Oh yeah I love that pedal.
You would be better off with a bitcrusher
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
If you have a ****ton of cash look into the Fuzz. Factory, it's a very versatile fuzz, you can get an insane amount of sounds, including the 8-bit you're looking for!
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
+1 on the Devi. Also check out the Houndstooth fuzz by her, it is pretty similar to the Bit/Legend of Fuzz but I prefer it. Also worth checking out is the Midfi glitch computer and the WMD geiger counter, both will do what you want but are a bit more money, but more versatile.
Quote by CJ Noble
You would be better off with a bitcrusher

This!

I got some pretty cool 8-bit sounds with the bitcrusher in logic.
I also had my wah in the heel position for this whole ordeal...helped a ton to accomplish the old school video game sound.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Legend of Fuzz is where I'd start. Followed by the Phantom Arcade.

Josh Homme's tone is a strange one but you can get a pretty decent imitation using a muff fuzz, you could boost it from the front as well, that helps IMO.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Digitech Synth Wah will get you that old Nintendo game tone, without the fuzz so much. When I had one, I could nail the Super Mario Bros soundtrack, lol.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
MXR Blue Box.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I have one of the Fulltone Ultimate Octaves and it does QOTSA really well. Plus it has a toggle that lets you go from a very scooped tone to a very mid-heavy tone. However, it does not respond very well to rolling off the guitar's volume knob like other fuzzes do. It won't get you a good, classic Hendrix-esque tone, but for a heavy, modern sounding fuzz it is pretty awesome. Plus the octave function is cool too (octave up, heard in a lot of QOTSA/White Stripes/Them Crooked Vultures songs.)
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by KailM
Digitech Synth Wah will get you that old Nintendo game tone, without the fuzz so much. When I had one, I could nail the Super Mario Bros soundtrack, lol.

do u have a video of it. i'd love to hear it