Page 1 of 3
What was the greatest moment in the entirety of you existence?

Mine has to be a tie between the time I saved my best friend's life, and the first time I ever had sex.

I expect many sarcastic and/or retarded responses, but that's what the Pit is for anyway. Go to it!
Probably Leeds Fest 2010. It was a 5 day long moment but it counts. Other than that, probably playing at the Grand Opera House in front of 1000 odd people for my city's Battle of the Bands.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The three times I've talked people out of suicide.

I know the Pit has a very different view on the matter than I do, and probably won't listen even though I can vouch they weren't in a rational frame of mind at the time.

But say what you will, saving another human life feels incredible.

Also, every time I walk out onto a stage. Going out there, entertaining people, getting their love and giving them mine back, making them smile, the rush of the show...it's wonderful.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
When my seventh child was born. I named him Enrique, after my uncle who died in a house fire. He saved all ten people who were trapped inside.

RIP Enrique.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
first time I
smoked weed
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Errr... popping my old boss in the jaw when I'd had enough of his bullshit. Finally saving up the money to upgrade to an SG was also pretty sweet... I guess I haven't had many great moments.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
When the fire I set killed my arch enemy Enrique.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Probably all of the positive things involving women are the greatest.

Then seeing Rush in concert. Possibly some football games that kicked ass too were fantastic. Those are the single moments that I can recall that were badass. There have been plenty of collective moments, like trips and such.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by necrosis1193
The three times I've talked people out of suicide.

I know the Pit has a very different view on the matter than I do, and probably won't listen even though I can vouch they weren't in a rational frame of mind at the time.

But say what you will, saving another human life feels incredible.

Also, every time I walk out onto a stage. Going out there, entertaining people, getting their love and giving them mine back, making them smile, the rush of the show...it's wonderful.

This is something I can absolutely confirm.

Although when I saved a life, it wasn't from suicide (or at least intentional suicide.) It's a long story, so I won't go into it unless someone is actually interested (ie probably not.)
Quote by metalh3ad88
This is something I can absolutely confirm.

Although when I saved a life, it wasn't from suicide (or at least intentional suicide.) It's a long story, so I won't go into it unless someone is actually interested (ie probably not.)

If you can successfully sum up the story in a succinct package, I'll reward you. Let's say... three sentences.
Quote by due 07
If you can successfully sum up the story in a succinct package, I'll reward you. Let's say... three sentences.

Could be difficult (this doesn't count because it's a sentence fragment.)

My friend and I both drank a lot and he had to drive a girl home. He passed out while driving at 50 miles per hour into a busy intersection, and I grabbed the wheel, basically drifting us into a driveway using the emergency brake. And yes, we were both total idiots back then.

That work?
Quote by metalh3ad88
Could be difficult (this doesn't count because it's a sentence fragment.)

My friend and I both drank a lot and he had to drive a girl home. He passed out while driving at 50 miles per hour into a busy intersection, and I grabbed the wheel, basically drifting us into a driveway using the emergency brake. And yes, we were both total idiots back then.

That work?

Yes, you are both idiots.
Quote by blake1221
Yes, you are both idiots.

Right. Because it's not like I said that in my post or anything. You know how occasionally, as people get older, they sometimes mature? There's no way that possibly could've happened in my case. Even though he's in the army and I'm acing all of my classes at a prestigious university. It could never happen, right?
I was agreeing with your statement where you admitted you were idiots.

For shit's sake, take the stick out your ass.
Quote by metalh3ad88

Right. Because it's not like I said that in my post or anything. You know how occasionally, as people get older, they sometimes mature? There's no way that possibly could've happened in my case. Even though he's in the army and I'm acing all of my classes at a prestigious university. It could never happen, right?

If he thought it was a good idea joining the army he probably hasn't matured that much. Too bad your couldn't pull the emergency brake on that one.
^^Sorry man, I'm drunk and misinterpreted your post.

My bad.

EDIT: To blake. Butt Rayge, if that's how you really feel, consider that it was the most financially responsible decision he had.
Last edited by metalh3ad88 at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by arnolddrummer
Probably strumming Gord Downie's guitar on stage and shaking his hand.

Dudewat go on.
Quote by ErikLensherr
When the fire I set killed my arch enemy Enrique.

I admit, I burst out laughing when I read this.

I'm a terrible person...
I dont think I have had a great moment just yet....................................I am still waiting.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
When I got to hang out with a friend as she was back from college for the weekend, along with my other friend who still lives here. If seemed just like the summer when we would chill and not have any worries. That night was probably the only time in my life so far where I've really felt like I was in a movie or that life actually had "meaning".
Quote by blue sky noise
When I got to hang out with a friend as she was back from college for the weekend, along with my other friend who still lives here. If seemed just like the summer when we would chill and not have any worries. That night was probably the only time in my life so far where I've really felt like I was in a movie or that life actually had "meaning".

I dig this
Quote by stratman7
I admit, I burst out laughing when I read this.

I'm a terrible person...

Don't worry I did too
The time i saw Dan Mangan in an outdoor concert. It was so awesome the mayor of my city (Vancouver) went on-stage and told us we had no curfew. It went on till 12:15, a good 2 hours longer than expected.
Quote by epiless
Riding my motorcycle in Montana, going a hundred trying to outride a storm

If that was over this Summer, my brother probably was going through that same storm on his bike. Except instead of outrunning it, he was caught in the middle. And apparently pretty fucking miserable.
I got to tell Buzz Osborne where a good pizza place was.

That's the height of my achievement as a human being, and I'm beginning to think it's just never going to be that good again.
Quote by metalh3ad88
Butt Rayge, if that's how you really feel, consider that it was the most financially responsible decision he had.

And that's precisely how your government gets so many people to support it's regime of terror.
Quote by Butt Rayge
And that's precisely how your government gets so many people to support it's regime of terror.

I really don't care what you think of our government's military (truth be told I probably agree with you on many points) but the way you just responded to that makes you seem like such an immature "fight the power" teenager.

The truth is that money is what matters in this world, and if you have the discipline to make it through the military, a whole world of opportunities opens up for you. I don't agree with any of the wars we are currently fighting, but insulting the troops gets you nowhere and essentially makes you look like an immature, ultra-sheltered douche.
I think mine would be just being with this girl.

We were just friends at the time, we went bowling, played some videogames, kayaked out to an little island, and just enjoyed being with each other. T'was also the night we fell in love, which eventually leads up to us having a relationship, but still, that day was the most incredible one in my life.

Besides that one, I'd say spending a week at a hotel for a jazz band competition as a freshman was pretty awesome too.
Seeing my daughter being born, closely followed by jamming with said daughter with my band onstage at a local festival when she was 9 years old and watching her get a standing ovation.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Seeing my daughter being born, closely followed by jamming with said daughter with my band onstage at a local festival when she was 9 years old and watching her get a standing ovation.

Dayum. That does sound great.

I'm almost embarrassed to give mine now

EDIT: By the way I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I've often wondered what it would be like to jam with whatever hellish offspring I will someday make.

Anyway, first time performing. I played terribly, but we had energy and the crowd loved it. Feels good being on stage, no matter how small the venue is (it was school).
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 10, 2011,
Page 1 of 3