So my ipod got stolen the other day, and it had roughly 30 gigs of music collected over 4 years. Of course I do not have any of it backed up, and I dont want to go and download each thing album b album - so I was wondering if there is a LARGE amount of heavy music (metal, hardcore, whatever) that is available to download, just a couple of gigs that can start me on my way. Basiclly, is there anywhere i can get good music in bulk....
Best bet is to download discographys.....but downloading's bad...
Because, Boobs
How were there songs on your iPod in the first place when you have no files on your computer?
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
How were there songs on your iPod in the first place when you have no files on your computer?

TS never had his iPod stolen.

nigga just wants some nu jamz(4 free)
Quote by rage__against10
Lucky for me I live in Canada, and as far as I know (may be wrong, haven't checked in a while) but file sharing is legal here. so - rephrased... is anyone FILE SHARING a large amount of music anywhere on the internet.

Canada FTW I'm not sure if you can find an abundance of misc heavy metal though. I still think you should just go for discographys of whatever band you're looking for. It's every album all put into one fileshare.
Because, Boobs
Last edited by CynX at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by rage__against10
I think discographys are going to be my best bet. its just SUCH as hassle trying to start from ground zero and re-building. Its very discouraging, so i was wondering if there was a huge collection somewhere that could kickstart me.

My buddy was like you too (same problem). Had an immense library from years of random downloading and friends. His computer crashed and he lost all of it. It took him a long time to restart from scratch too. Goodluck man.
Because, Boobs
Quote by rage__against10
Lucky for me I live in Canada, and as far as I know (may be wrong, haven't checked in a while) but file sharing is legal here.

Hooray for Canada! Last I checked it was just "frowned upon" - the RCMP straight-up said "it's not worth our time trying to track down every last cyber criminal". The Conservatives were also trying to pass a bill to crack down on that type of stuff for a while, but I don't believe it's been passed yet
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
Quote by Cskills2112
Hooray for Canada! Last I checked it was just "frowned upon" - the RCMP straight-up said "it's not worth our time trying to track down every last cyber criminal". The Conservatives were also trying to pass a bill to crack down on that type of stuff for a while, but I don't believe it's been passed yet

I hope not. I can't afford to buy every CD I want, well not yet. I think of filesharing as more of an "advanced copy" kind of thing. I really want the actual album for the CD, album art, etc but I can't afford it right now so I download. I'm slowly growing a collection though.
Because, Boobs
Quote by CynX
I hope not. I can't afford to buy every CD I want, well not yet. I think of filesharing as more of an "advanced copy" kind of thing. I really want the actual album for the CD, album art, etc but I can't afford it right now so I download. I'm slowly growing a collection though.

That's how I see it as well. I think of my downloaded collection more of a checklist, than a music library.
Quote by rage__against10
Lucky for me I live in Canada, and as far as I know (may be wrong, haven't checked in a while) but file sharing is legal here. so - rephrased... is anyone FILE SHARING a large amount of music anywhere on the internet.

Oh wow, my time machine worked!