Basically what the title says. Personally, these last few months haven't been my most active, and I just don't login that much nowadays. Not that I can never find some lulz, but with adbots, lack of some older familiar faces, ect.

What about you?
School started back up, pit's slowing down, etc.

Although in a more general sense, I suppose I could agree. The people who come to the pit most are the people involved in specific threads, everyone else just kinda lurks until they see an opportunity to post.

Then again, I'm only speaking from my experience.
I find it difficult to get out of so I can practise guitar for my audition next week.
I came back to the Pit to post semi-regularly recently. It's gotten shittier since I first joined, but the spirit remains the same. Certain perverse laughing fruit, topical heat rubs, and other crazes are missed, but they've had their time, as will other trends.

Don't find this place difficult to hop into or anything. UG's always been a welcoming community for smart people, dumb people, and adbots alike.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
The Pit was cool beans last night. But the past few hours have not been my most active and now with the adbots and the lack of some older familiar faces, I just don't know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I find that theres too much garbage....rubbish threads being made, shoop contests suck, and grammar nazis reign
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Ah yes, the old days were so much better.

Nostalgia is just a mindf*ck, you know. You only tend to remember the good moments.
I dont post much, but I read quite a few threads...I've only ever not visited maybe twice for about a year.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Hopping into a pit is a very silly thing to do.

... Same with this pit.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I keep it tabbed whenever I'm at a computer or browsing with my phone.

The only time I ever really get into it is when I'm doing something for a shoop thread.
I think it might also be because everyone in the Pit is getting older, when the forums first opened, most users would have been about 14-15....now we're in our twenties (or older), getting jobs, getting families, so less time for teh funnez
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
Eh, it's a little harder to get myself to go into the Pit (outside of the Anime Thread) much these days. All the threads have been done before and there's a bunch of 4chan cancer.

I miss when people used to get into crazy shit in their IRL lives and came here to the Pit to ask for advice/tell us about it. Apparently nothing interesting happens to people anymore.
I tend to only post in threads I've already posted in, I don't find many of the newer threads interesting. I'd be around a lot more if YLYL was back, that was my go-to thread, even though it was full of reposts and godhimself trollin'.

I'll be gone again soon when I get back home to my wife.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by jetfuel495
And mod banning sprees! Starting with this thread! Mwahahaha!

Bring it, bitch.

There's too many garbage memes floating around and general shit. The introduction of Chuck Testa today is not helping.
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I think it might also be because everyone in the Pit is getting older, when the forums first opened, most users would have been about 14-15....now we're in our twenties (or older), getting jobs, getting families, so less time for teh funnez

New members
^^ Perhaps I should clarify.....

The new people who come to the forums are younger, hence, the older users who have been around longer dont understand/enjoy their sense of humour, and with the older users not being on so often, means less stuff we find funny
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
And everything must pass
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Psh, they last about ten minutes.
No they don't.

Look at all the 05ers, 06ers, 07ers, 08ers, 09ers, 10ers and 11ers there is
Quote by i_lovemetallica
^^ Perhaps I should clarify.....

The new people who come to the forums are younger, hence, the older users who have been around longer dont understand/enjoy their sense of humour, and with the older users not being on so often, means less stuff we find funny

I think you've successfully captured the essence of Pit nostalgia - something we've all been baffled by for ages now.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Too many familiar posters...too many funny spam threads reported instantly...too many boring 10000000 page threads with the same 3 posters every ****ing page.

Yeah it's been hard to get into. It's turning me into an angry old man.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I just check my personal stickies, and if I'm really bored I'll look at the other threads for a while. Like this one. And that other one.

EDIT: People report threads too often. By that I mean that once a thread is reported, it's reported like 400 more times while idiotic nonsense is spouted between adbots and users. That's the closest thing to humor we get anymore, outside of a few good threads.

Sounds like the new Pit Movie. A Few Good Threads.
Last edited by captaincrunk at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by behind_you
Any interesting/funny threads I find are closed before I get to them.

Would you find it interesting to learn about One man's tale of discovery on his path to enlightenment about the adbots. (Which was made when they first started posting the deceptive links)
I go through phases where I post a lot for a week or two and then disappear for a bit. I can only guess that others do this too.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by captaincrunk
I just check my personal stickies, and if I'm really bored I'll look at the other threads for a while. Like this one. And that other one.

EDIT: People report threads too often. By that I mean that once a thread is reported, it's reported like 400 more times while idiotic nonsense is spouted between adbots and users. That's the closest thing to humor we get anymore, outside of a few good threads.

Sounds like the new Pit Movie. A Few Good Threads.

I thought the emily thing was funny the first time, but I didn't go near the second thread.
Quote by devourke
Would you find it interesting to learn about One man's tale of discovery on his path to enlightenment about the adbots. (Which was made when they first started posting the deceptive links)

Uhh sure.
ggg1 ggg3

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I thought the emily thing was funny the first time, but I didn't go near the second thread.
I wasn't even here for the first one. I think the more we respond, the more times the link is clicked, and the more they think they're being successful here and the more we'll get useless adbots.
Quote by devourke
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1469036

There you go brah. Prepare yourself for the 6 most informative minutes of your life. (Possibly more if you read slow)

I actually read all of that. Good work but shit bro you gotta do something else with your spare time. Try masturbatin or something

And what makes you think that the human adbots are Australian or Samoan?
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by behind_you
I actually read all of that. Good work but shit bro you gotta do something else with your spare time. Try masturbatin or something

And what makes you think that the human adbots are Australian or Samoan?

Because I don't trust Australians, and I don't trust Samoans either.
Quote by devourke

Because I don't trust Australians, and I don't trust Samoans either.

I won't ask why.... but you can't corrupt a case with personal feelings dude.
ggg1 ggg3

Quote by captaincrunk
I read it too, even though you don't believe me. I just don't follow orders easily.

I believe you said you read my second thread, and then you read it afterwards, using your rebellious nature as an excuse.

I've got my eye on you captain.

Quote by behind_you
I won't ask why.... but you can't corrupt a case with personal feelings dude.

It's not too important where they're from. The important thing is they're here now, making threads and all that jazz, providing a platform for Pit Monkeys to make jokes.
Quote by smb
it's alright, much the same as ever

This. I find that the pit doesn't change, but I do.
I go through waves of being in the pit all the time, or never.

Right now I'm probably the most active I've ever been
RIP Gooze

cats