Swiss
12 8%
Mostly impatient, but I'll be patient sometimes
18 13%
fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu
13 9%
Voters: 143.
Page 1 of 2
What's your patience level, Pit? Are you one to get restless/angry/etc. easily, or do you hold the fort down and stick it through? Any general trends you see (i.e. are people getting more patient or impatient)? F7u12? Discuss.

As for me, I'm incredibly impatient in traffic half the time. If there's a line, I will usually do whatever it takes to not sit in bumper-to-bumper traffic, even if I have to travel a greater distance and spend more time to get to my destination. My patience with people, in how I can be angered, has gone down quite a bit. I'm way easier to anger now than I was five years ago, but that's something to be controlled consciously and I'm trying to make an effort now to bring my interpersonal patience back up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
My patience level went from super tolerant to almost instant rage when I used to be good at gaming. Then I quit gaming and can now play games to have fun, while still retaining some of my old skill. Nowhere near as good as I was, but still above average.

But in real life, I've always been super patient. I can do the same menial task for hours on end.
Quote by darkstar2466
F7u12?

I may be being ignorant, but what does the rage comics subreddit have to do with this topic?
Buddha am I

This.

I'm almost too laid/patient back at times. I'm sure one day I'll get killed because of it
Quote by metalh3ad88
I may be being ignorant, but what does the rage comics subreddit have to do with this topic?

Thank you for unintentionally telling me what that means. I'm too lazy to google shit.
I can hold myself for a really long time and developed that due to living conditions, but when I eventually snap it's pretty bad.
Quote by metalh3ad88

It's the closest meme-based analogy of impatience I thought of on the fly? Rage usually tags along with impatience.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Growing up in a family of 6, where plans rarely go ahead and relying on family members to do something without being CONSTANTLY reminded is impossible, I've built up an immunity to 'losing it'. I do sometimes, everyone does, but for the most part, I just don't care anymore. I like it.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Oct 10, 2011,
I'm considered very calm and patient, but I'm not 100% so.

^I grew up in a family of 7, so that may have something to do with it.
Quote by devourke
Thank you for unintentionally telling me what that means. I'm too lazy to google shit.

Quite welcome.

I'm incredibly impatient when I want to get off a plane, or if I've just seen a show, I can't handle waiting in the crowds for such long time..
DeVillains!
My dad had to renew our passports once so he left me locked in our parked car about 1km away (heavy traffic). He returned 4 hours later.

Buddah I am.
ggg1 ggg3

I once failed to catch the last train from some backwater place in the middle of nowhere, walking aimlessly around for looking for somewhere to sleep or eat or anything, to no avail. Eventually I fell asleep on a bench. Eight hours later the train arrived. It wasn't too bad at all.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Buddha, am I.

Very patient, easygoing and laid back. Just my nature, really.

As with a few others here, I had quite a large family, so you have to learn to be patient or you'll go mad. Only one (younger) brother, but fifteen or sixteen cousins around quite a lot.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Last edited by Joeval at Oct 10, 2011,
I have gradually taught myself to not be as impulsive, and to always think first and squeeze in a breath of quick contemplation whenever I can. Quickly developing scenarios for my potential actions before I choose my reaction.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
I have none whatsoever. The exception being when i'm dealing with/talking to people, particularly at work, i'll be patient then. Other than that, it needs not to be cocked up, and I want it yesterday. God help anyone who makes me wait for anything.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I'm extremely patient. However, if there's something guitar related due to be delivered, all my patience disappears.
Quote by rockdude375
I have none whatsoever. The exception being when i'm dealing with/talking to people, particularly at work, i'll be patient then. Other than that, it needs not to be cocked up, and I want it yesterday. God help anyone who makes me wait for anything.

Pretty much that!!!
I am generally patient however I will get fed up sometimes. It doesn't take much to irritate me but it takes a lot to actually make me lose my temper. I can control the temper well, it's been a long time since I last went apeshit at someone.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I'm probably the most impatient person i know. People get pissed at me sometimes because I tell them to HURRY THE **** UP.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Very impatient.

I hate waiting for something.

If i was buying a guitar from online that took 3 days to come but was cheaper than in shop which i could collect, id buy from the shop so i could have it faster.

lol
Up until not many years ago I used to have the worst and shortest temper of anyone I knew.
Just snapping and going apeshit at the smallest, stupidest things. There were often days where I was too impatient to wait for bread to toast, or something to heat up in the microwave.

I've definitely got better though. I kinda have to be patient now.
I think I'm fairly patient, but on bad days something as minor as a stupid comment can get me worked up easily.
I am patient most of the time but i snapped my e string and have to wait a week for it to come in the mail because i lack spares. Should be here in 15 minutes or so, mail comes at ten. I am not patient about this at all, i am incredibly tense.
It depends. It depends both on the type of patience, and the situations pertaining to each type of patience.

As for the 'waiting around' type of patience, I'm normally pretty patient with something I'm expecting to be delivered, I'm quite patient when I'm expecting somebody to turn up to my house and they're late, and I'm very impatient when I'm expecting to meet somebody in public and they're late.

If you meant the 'tolerance' type of patience, I have zero patience for racism, very little patience for other types of discrimination, and very little patience for professional incompetence. I have varying levels of patience for general ignorance. Normally I'm fairly forgiving.
Quote by devourke
My patience level went from super tolerant to almost instant rage when I used to be good at gaming. Then I quit gaming and can now play games to have fun, while still retaining some of my old skill. Nowhere near as good as I was, but still above average.

But in real life, I've always been super patient. I can do the same menial task for hours on end.

Same here man,
Hey there.
Quote by BeefWellington
I am generally patient however I will get fed up sometimes. It doesn't take much to irritate me but it takes a lot to actually make me lose my temper. I can control the temper well, it's been a long time since I last went apeshit at someone.

Exactly this.
great song breo

depends on what
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I'm extremely patient when it comes to traffic and driving. I'm extremely impatient when listening to others. Especially when I already know what they're going to say, and I have to wait for them to say it in an entire paragraph of words before I can respond.
Quote by The Madcap
I'm extremely patient when it comes to traffic and driving. I'm extremely impatient when listening to others. Especially when I already know what they're going to say, and I have to wait for them to say it in an entire paragraph of words before I can respond.

When you already know the entire idea behind the tl;dh (too long; didn't hear!) and you have to wait for them to finish their longass paragraph? Yeah, that drives me insane. I'll usually cut em off at an appropriate pause to say "yeah, man. I know what you're talking about" or something.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Only when I'm driving to I get easily pissed off. Person to person, I'm quite patient. Back in the day, someone could get me to lose my temper pretty easily, but after working as a service tech at a shitty gas station under a shittier manager I've learned to keep hold better.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
I can be very patient with some things and other times I can barely stand to wait.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Page 1 of 2