I quite like the roland cube, but for the same price I can get a Line 6 Pod. I'm not sure which would be better as im not sure how to use the pod. The pod seems like it offers alot more with possibly greater quality than the cube however do you need to plug it into an amp as you would a pedal, or can it be plugged into your computer (which i'd prefer) or headphones, eliminating the need for an amplifier.

I'm asking this because i've sold all of my gear and want to get back into guitar playing without spending a lot of money, so if it's possible to play electric guitar without buying an amplifier that would be great considering the main reason i sold my gear was because what i had was far too loud for bedroom practise.

edit: also what line 6 pod equipment available to me is this:

http://www.allansbillyhyde.com.au/search/line_6_pod.aspx

There is clearly a range of pricing and products. I'm after the mid-ranged gear. But what's the difference between say a "processor" or a "desktop direct interface"
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Last edited by oatley at Oct 10, 2011,
I'd recommend the POD HD300, it offers a solid amount of effects and amp models to keep you busy for a very long time. You can plug it into the computer, or run it as a standalone unit with headphones depending on what you'd like.

A bonus about the HD300-500 allows you to record to a computer using the modeled amps in the unit.

I see you live in Sydney and your username is Oatley... You wouldn't happen to live in Oatley would you?
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Mopy
I'd recommend the POD HD300, it offers a solid amount of effects and amp models to keep you busy for a very long time. You can plug it into the computer, or run it as a standalone unit with headphones depending on what you'd like.

A bonus about the HD300-500 allows you to record to a computer using the modeled amps in the unit.

I see you live in Sydney and your username is Oatley... You wouldn't happen to live in Oatley would you?

Hahaha sure would bro, where abouts are you ?? and thanks heaps for the input, exactly what i was after. Not going to be buying an amp too soon. Just get one of these bad boys
Quote by Fred1000000
Retards are God's way of telling you you could be worse off, AND entertaining you at the same time!
Quote by oatley
Hahaha sure would bro, where abouts are you ?? and thanks heaps for the input, exactly what i was after. Not going to be buying an amp too soon. Just get one of these bad boys

Funnily enough I'm in Oatley too.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
If you need an amp buy an amp, if you need a Pod buy a Pod.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Look at more places then just Allans Music/Billy Hyde they are pretty steep your bound to find what ever you decide on cheaper through other online stores.