Im done with using crappy guitar leads. They break, cut out, noisey etc....

Anyway ive recently bought a mesa single rectifier and a 2x12 to go with it and im wanting to purchase a really good guitar cable and a cable to connect the head to the cab. Im just looking for recommendations, my kit is good so im not going to go cheap on the cables. What brands/model should i be looking for? Any "industry standard" cables or highly used and well recommended ones that are a must have or?

id really appreciate the help.

Thanks guys.
lava cables are really good. i have the blue demons. they're excellent, and not too expensive.

edit: and they have a lifetime warranty. real sturdy cables.
Last edited by NakedInTheRain at Oct 10, 2011,
I'm not sure what brand it is,might be planet waves,offer a lifetime warranty on their cables.
Basically look for fairly thick,rubbery cables with good solid ends.A good cable will generally be heavier than a cheap one,and obviously a bit pricier.If your gigging,don't be afraid to splash out on cables.
As for the head to cab cable,you want a speaker cable,as an instrument cable will damage your amp.Just in case you didn't know.Once again,get a decent one,and maybe a cheapie back-up if your gigging.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Just keeping yourself from the absolute cheapest stuff and you'll be fine with most cables.
I use Cordial Roadlines (they're called Encore-series these days?) myself, I find them really good. Just need a silent plug with an angle for my cable to go in my guitar's jack. But as Ola Englund said, staying from the most inexpensive cables will be good enough.
As for a cable to go between your speaker and your cab, as Ian hawkins stated, you will need a speaker cable, otherwise you will damage your amp and maybe your head too For that I'd probably get also the best possible or the one that I could afford, but midrange-priced will do well for that too.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

go on musicians friend i think they still have their 15% off cables. they have good dimarzio cables for cheap. got a 18 footer tweed cable for $24 shipped. solid cable, well shielded
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I've heard good things about bullet cables.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
you're in the uk

award session/cleartone or kabl

excellent made-to-order cables for very reasonable prices

win-win
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?