Has anyone else heard of these guys? They're a South African trio and I guess I could describe their sound a big, powerful pop/rock, often piano driven with airy guitars over it. I really like the drummer, the singer and their ability to pace themselves.

Letters From the Sky
Teardrop (Massive Attack cover)
yeah they're from my country and are kinda big here but unfortunately not as big as the parlotones and prime circle, which is strange coz they're so much better than them.
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Yeah, I really like them. I'm also South African and our music scene is exploding. It's a pitty that bands like Parlotones and Prime Circle get more recognised overseas than some more talented bands.
Quote by frankv
Are there more of these gems walking around over there? I know practically nothing about South African music bar these guys and Goldfish, but you guys seem to have a pretty thriving music scene going on.

Yeah we have quite a few really good bands but not a lot of them get a lot of exposure. Our biggest export was Seether and they're from my home town, but other than that so far no one has really achieved much recognisable international fame. The problem is that rock is not main stream music here and it's still a struggle for any good band to do well while staying in the country. Things are getting better though...but it will take time i guess
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Go check out Ashtray Electric, Pretty Blue Guns, Shadow Club, Wrestlerish, The Dirty Scirts, Zebra & Giraffe, New Holland, Black Market Riots, lots lots more