Ok after ruling out getting the IBANEZ RG870QMZ-RDT, I thought I'd wait that bit longer, save the cash and go for one of these babies, but which to choose. Anybody got either or both of these, spec wise they seem pretty much the same except for Jem seems to have better pick ups while the 2550 seems to have better trem. Any help would be appreciated guy as with this type of money I want to get it right.
jem555 is an overpriced rg350 with dimarzio evolutions in it. The prestige will be better in everyway
The old JEM555s are not that good, about the same quality of the other Korean guitars. However, you can drop in an OFR (or Edge Pro, depending on what year it was made) and it will be awesome.

The newer Japanese JEM505s are better - they have the Edge Tremolo with a maple fretboard. Basically an RG550m but with a monkey grip and lionsclaw. No vine inlays though.

Usually I would say just get an RG550 and then send it off to SIMS Custom and have them cut a monkey grip and lionsclaw in it - instant JEM.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by coolstoryangus
jem555 is an overpriced rg350 with dimarzio evolutions in it. The prestige will be better in everyway

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?