My guitar is bent a lot at the low frets (1-4ish) and not at all on the higher frets (16-to the end) and i don't get good action on the high frets and when i lower the fixed bridge allen wretch spots, it just gets buzz. does this mean i have a bad neck? or truss rod?
Truss rod needs adjustment. It actually only works on the frets up to 15 or so.
Moving on.....
The truss rod adjusts the whole neck. The change is much more visible higher up though.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
well, its WAY to bent on the lower frets area. i've looked at all my guitars that are setup great and they don't have that much of a bend up there.
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
well, its WAY to bent on the lower frets area. i've looked at all my guitars that are setup great and they don't have that much of a bend up there.

fret the Low E at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E at the last fret, where the neck and body meet. ~19th.

while both are held, look at the middle frets.

does the string lay on the middle frets there? 7-9th

is there gap between the string and fret? could 1 or 2 picks fit in the gap there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
i can fit like a fender medium there

ok then you can add a little more relief if you want.

that would be a 1/4 turn counter clockwise. (thats a very small amount)
dont force the turn and let the guitar settle in turn.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

wow thanks a lot got rid of that annoying buzz on the 19th frets and i lowered the action a bit Thank you muchhhhhhhh
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
The truss rod adjusts the whole neck. The change is much more visible higher up though.

No it doesn't. It stops up around the 15-16th fret where the neck join the body. How the hell can you adjust a neck that's set into a big slab of wood. Use your head.
Moving on.....
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
so it doesn't bend the lower frets at all? just the higher ones?

No it works from the lower ones (near the headstock) up to the 15-16th fret.
Moving on.....
Quote by loritodd
my best friend's mom makes $77 an hour on the computer. She has been out of job for 9 months but last month her check was $7487 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read about it here NuttyRich.com

Reported as spam.
Moving on.....
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
wow thanks a lot got rid of that annoying buzz on the 19th frets and i lowered the action a bit Thank you muchhhhhhhh

hey Ken youre on a roll!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62