So, Im tabbing Marty Friedman's "Ashita e No Sanka", and got curious about the scale hes using throughout most of the song. the scale would be like this:

G, A#, C, D, D#, E, F#, G

Dont think this is a part of the diatonic scale. Most likely some japanese scale, but can someone tell me the name of ths scale, if it has one. this is a very interesting sounding scale.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
you mean : G A# B# C## D# E F# G

it is diatonic, because it uses all seven notes.

other than that i don't know what the scale is called.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

g melodic minor, G, A,Bb,C,D,E,F#,G when played moving up the scale you have a raised 6 and 7, getting you E, and F#, but when played down the scale its played as natural minor, or G, A, Bb, C,D,Eb,F, G which is the natural 6th and 7th which gets you the Eb, he's probably playing it to sound japanese, but japanese scales are pentatonic or 5 note scales, so its really just a stylized playing of melodic minor
this is true kharmel, but relative to the 1st note of the scale (do) one should note that its the 3rd and 4th that are sharped (only ascending, while everything is natural when descending).

Its really 2 ways of saying the same thing, however i have frequently heard of people using an ascending melodic minor scale while descending in contemporary music (as opposed to rennaisance, classical, etc.)
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right