Hello time for the typical question, you people properly hear all the time
i've decided to get a guitar to learn to play everything ranged from rock to heavy metal
Im a lefty, living in Scandinavia and could easily use 350euro for a good starter electric guitar that will support me for a long time
And i would really love some suggestions for what i should go for?

Thank you in Advance
so you have about £300 to spend (for my reference)

is that for a guitar or a guitar and amp?

also have a look at www.thomann.de and have a look at some that are within your budget and then link us to a few you like and we can take it from there, from what we have so far we could suggest literally hundreds of guitars and possibilities for different guitars/pickups etc.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by MortenKoch
Hello time for the typical question, you people properly hear all the time
i've decided to get a guitar to learn to play everything ranged from rock to heavy metal
Im a lefty, living in Scandinavia and could easily use 350euro for a good starter electric guitar that will support me for a long time
And i would really love some suggestions for what i should go for?

Thank you in Advance

Probably...just sayin..

I would say to go for this

Thats from the canadian website..but if you wanted to spend the extra time/money you could cross the border and have a whole lot more lefty options...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Epi LP? It's pretty much the standard rock guitar, it was my first guitar. And it cost about 350 €. I think there's a lefty version too.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by Controlpanel
Probably...just sayin..

I would say to go for this

Thats from the canadian website..but if you wanted to spend the extra time/money you could cross the border and have a whole lot more lefty options...

That is rather interesting, and the money is very fine for what the reviews tell me about it
Quote by MortenKoch
It is for the guitar only, the AMP and what follows isn't in that budget
i've been looking a lot at the http://www.thomann.de/dk/ibanez_grg170dxlbkn_lefthand.htm
while a friend of mine told me to avoid the Ibanez GIO. then again i am a total newcomer, what will be needed for the guitar to play the most common things in Metal, lets start there

your friend is wrong

while ibanez gio range is the basic one, i have got exactly that guitar. but mine's red and right handed. it was my first proper guitar as well and i absolutely LOVE it and it's about 7 years old now.

action is nice and low, neck is nice and smooth and thin, the body itself is light but a decent weight to it and the tremolo system, while isn't the best, is enough if you're not gonna divebomb the sh*t outta it.

overall i'd say as an electric guitar, it's probably a 5 out of 10.

as a BEGINNER guitar i'd rate it as a 9/10. easily.
Quote by Dempsey68
your friend is wrong

while ibanez gio range is the basic one, i have got exactly that guitar. but mine's red and right handed. it was my first proper guitar as well and i absolutely LOVE it and it's about 7 years old now.

action is nice and low, neck is nice and smooth and thin, the body itself is light but a decent weight to it and the tremolo system, while isn't the best, is enough if you're not gonna divebomb the sh*t outta it.

overall i'd say as an electric guitar, it's probably a 5 out of 10.

as a BEGINNER guitar i'd rate it as a 9/10. easily.

Nice to know
Though i would love to up the price a bit, would it be overkill to go for this one as a first guitar?
http://www.thomann.de/dk/ibanez_rg370dxzlbk_lefthand.htm
and just for the fun of comparing, even without you ever having one what would be rate it as seen as an overall electric guitar and again as an electric guitar for a beginner
Quote by MortenKoch
Nice to know
Though i would love to up the price a bit, would it be overkill to go for this one as a first guitar?
http://www.thomann.de/dk/ibanez_rg370dxzlbk_lefthand.htm
and just for the fun of comparing, even without you ever having one what would be rate it as seen as an overall electric guitar and again as an electric guitar for a beginner

it's a good first guitar (RG370DXL) BUT you WILL get a bit frustrated with the edge zero bridge after a while however the wizardIII neck is a nice neck.

and if i hadn't have owned a GRG170DX i'd probably still give it an 8.5

here's a review of the RG370DXL http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/rg370dxl/index.html (the BK just stands for black)

and here's some of the GRG170DX http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/grg170dx/index.html

don't get me wrong, the GRG170DX isn't as good as the RG370DX HOWEVER price:quality ratio is very close between them.