Hey everyone,

I'm currently in my final year of a degree at sussex uni and I am currently researching label and artist branding and merchandise. I have a very short survey and I would be very grateful if you could help fill it out. There are only 7 questions and it would literally take less than 2 minutes.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/W9RL7V3

Also please post any thoughts or comments on band merchandise, deluxe editions of albums or other new inventive ways you think artists could generate money.

I think that some band t-shirts are cheap for what they cost and sometimes have a weird fit, but maybe that's just me.

Thank you!
Did it, but I couldn't tell you the label of 90%+ of the bands I listen to. Not really something I actively research.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Done
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
There ya go
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
gf's doing popular music studies @ liverpool john moores uni so will complete then pass on to her and her uni friends to do as well so you can have some more replies too xD
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Vendetta V
I'm actually against labels, they rip musicians off most of the time

Spoken like a truly ignorant person.

Major labels may do that, but there are a lot out there that only help bands. Do a bit of research next time.
Quote by blake1221

Major labels may do that, but there are a lot out there that only help bands. Do a bit of research next time.

no man u dun understand al labals do is rip of teh artest bcuz they steel they're money and keep it 4 themselvs nd they nevr orgen eyes tours or frunt mony for the studeo tehy rly need 2 just die bcuz withot them music wood be al about the art and not teh mony ok gosh ur stupid
Check out my band Disturbed
#3 depends on the label really. I don't automatically like artists on the same label. Though if it's a label that sticks to a niche then chances are I might like the others. For example, Rephlex generally releases stuff I like. But not all, ultimately it comes down to my ears not the brand/label.

#4 Besides clothing, tour/album art posters and the music itself is more really needed? Patches for metal bands I guess. Let's not get all Gene Simmons here...

#5 I've paid more for considerably less (opeth back stage passes on this tour). For a small band I wouldn't even consider it. But a band that has been around 20+ years and is more or less at legendary status, yea.
Quote by StewieSwan
no man u dun understand al labals do is rip of teh artest bcuz they steel they're money and keep it 4 themselvs nd they nevr orgen eyes tours or frunt mony for the studeo tehy rly need 2 just die bcuz withot them music wood be al about the art and not teh mony ok gosh ur stupid

So true
Quote by blake1221

well duh. I didn't speak with restrictly every single label/case/contract in my mind you know.

besides I dont get why you call me ignorant, I did the poll, but also thought Ima express my opinion on labels here
I generally dont listen to bands on the same label but Opeth and Porcupine Tree are both on Roadrunner, as are Glassjaw, but I think that's a coincidence since Opeth and Porcupine Tree are good friends and Glassjaw is a different style of music anyway. Not to mention Opeth and Porcupine Tree are like "Roadrunner iz da best" whilst Glassjaw are like "Our label sukz".
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB