(Or to avoid a possible false dichotomy, someone else?)

I pre-ordered one of the new 'Modern Player' series guitars last week, the webpage on MF said it would ship by today.

Today, I check the page, and it says 'ships by 20th.'

ZZOUNDS says they expect to receive their shipment on the 30th.

I've had problems with pushed back delivery dates from MF before, so I e-mailed MF about this.

Hello, I placed a pre-order for this guitar last week. It said 'ships by 10/10/2011.' Now it says 'ships by 10/20/2011' on the product's page. Your competitor says they expect their shipment on 10/30/2011.

Did Musician's Friend receive a shipment already for the pre-orders that were already placed before today, so that the 'ships by' date will be honored? If not, is Musician's friend still scheduled to receive them today or was inaccurate information given to customers? And if the customers received inaccurate information, is that the fault of Fender for not upholding their delivery date or is it the fault of Musician's Friend for knowingly disseminating false information to draw in more pre-orders?

I'm sorry to bombard with so many questions, but I concern myself with these things.

Considering that a competing site claims to be not set to receive their shipment until the 30th, I really wonder if MF was trying to pull something -- or does Fender favor them?

Anyways, I got this back:

Response Via Email(Toni) - 10/10/2011 07:52 AM
Dear Musician,

Backorder dates are based on the individual manufacturer's estimated delivery date to us and are subject to change without notice. We are in continual contact with the manufacturers and ship backordered items as soon as possible. However, there are unforeseen circumstances that delay items. We update our information as soon as we are notified by the manufacturer. Please be assured that we are working hard to fulfill your order upon receipt of the merchandise. We apologize for any inconvenience.

The following items are currently on back order: Modern Player Marauder Electric Guitar Regular Black Rosewood Fretboard

When they are received into our warehouse from the manufacturer they will be shipped.

Due date: 10.20.11
Order Number: (removed)

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend. Have a great day!
Just what does 'based on' mean? Does that mean Fender told them the 30th and they then told their customers that it would be the 10th 'based on' some hunch that they will be in sooner? What kind of language is this?

So I replied:

It cannot be denied that from the viewpoints of both customers and professionals, false expectations lead to disappointment. I would like to gain an understanding of why these items were not delivered as expected, so that I may possibly offer a beneficial contribution to whichever process was lacking in this situation. While I understand that unforeseen circumstances may arise, I feel that the dissemination of information regarding these circumstances is integral to maintaining a positive relationship between the supplier and the consumer. Might I please have the contact information for the individual or individuals working for the manufacturer (Fender) who provided the due date of 10/10/2011?

I am curious to see how they reply, because I want to know what particular reason they have for pushing back the date, let alone having an earlier date than ZZOUNDS.

Call me a troublestarter or a whiner or some profane variation of those names if you will, but I am not angry about the situation. I trust that I will receive the guitar in due time, and in good shape, and that the day will be enjoyable. I have patience, but I also have curiosity.
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Order from Sweetwater. When stuff goes on back order they call and talk to you. They helped me find equipment from a 3rd party.

Prices may vary a bit but the service is 100x better.
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by FireHawk
Order from Sweetwater. When stuff goes on back order they call and talk to you. They helped me find equipment from a 3rd party.

Prices may vary a bit but the service is 100x better.

This. When I called MF, it took like 20 minutes to get a real person. When I bought from Sweetwater, they called me and told me when UPS fucked up the shipment. The slight price bump is completely worth the superior service.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I've heard that Musician's Friend is kind of unreliable when it comes to orders.

A friend of mine once ordered a drum set from them, and they sent him one drum.

They probably corrected their mistake, or at least gave him a refund, but it's a weird situation regardless.

EDIT: Sweetwater, eh?... I just checked out their site. I might have to buy from them when I finally get some money.
Last edited by Shawn1379 at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by Ghefly
Don't know whose fault it is but you already won.

I won before it began.

EDIT:

Response Via Email(Patrick) - 10/10/2011 02:07 PM
Unfortunately we are not able to give out our contact information for Fender representatives that we deal with. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with the service you have received from us today. We appreciate your feedback.

We appreciate you choosing Musician's Friend. Have a great day!
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Last edited by muso_catolico at Oct 10, 2011,
Quote by Das_Skittles
This. When I called MF, it took like 20 minutes to get a real person. When I bought from Sweetwater, they called me and told me when UPS fucked up the shipment. The slight price bump is completely worth the superior service.

It is a slight price bump on some things, but on just about everything I have ever orded from Sweetwater had free shipping. So it equals itself out with MF on price, and destroys them on service.
In my heart I'm with you

every night