Its been a long time since I was last on here, but i've been dragged back like a moth to flame (or for the fact that I've been so out of touch with the guitar world I'm now almost noob level when it comes to gear)

So anyway, I am need of a practice tube amp.

I have a Fender Classic 50s Strat and loads of effects pedals like the Jekyll and Hyde and Memory man deluxe that I use alot, I play a variety of music ranging from blues, ambience, post-rock and just clean guitar. I just want a small cheap tube amp that I can use indoors and small practice with a band so it doesn't need to fit all of my music preferance exactly.

I have narrowed it down to the below, but would like someone who has a decent knowledge in small practice amps to give their opinion.

Bugera V5
Has good reviews, the cheapest of the three and also has a headphone jack which could be usefull, however I can't imagine hearing decent tone through a headphone?

Harley Benton GA15
Heard nothing but great reviews, however 15 watts could be abit loud for a flat?

Laney CUB8
Another that I have seen good reviews, however reviews always seem to be bias and full of cack (like reviews for the Marshall MG )

My budget isn't set but I wouldn't want to spend any more than £150 unless it was an incredibly good deal that I had to get.
i haven't tried... er... any of those, but the vht special 6 (it's about £120 on thomann) is very nice. you'll need your own kettle lead, though (thomann's adaptors won't fit ).

Though for taking pedals, it's hard to beat the valve junior. But its tone out of the box is nowhere near as good as the vht's, especially if you need cleans.

EDIT: holy carp i think i remember you from way back in the day. Nice to see you back
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried... er... any of those, but the vht special 6 (it's about £120 on thomann) is very nice. you'll need your own kettle lead, though (thomann's adaptors won't fit ).

Though for taking pedals, it's hard to beat the valve junior. But its tone out of the box is nowhere near as good as the vht's, especially if you need cleans.

EDIT: holy carp i think i remember you from way back in the day. Nice to see you back

I've got the special 6 ultra and the thing is great. plenty loud enough to play over a band but the built in attenuator makes playing at bedroom levels very doable
Quote by Dave_Mc
holy carp i think i remember you from way back in the day. Nice to see you back

I remember you too dude, I think its you're avatar I remember most though haha, nice to be back

Thanks for all your help, I did see the VHT but as I said, I haven't been keeping up on gear for years and i've never heard of it, does anyone know if they are sold in shops or just online? I want to go and try a few of the amps before I buy but it seems none of the shops stock anything by VHT, Bugera or even Laney according to their websites.

Any other suggestions for a cheap tube practice amp?
A 5W amp is not going to cut it jamming with a drummer unless you mike it up. I'm with 311 on this, Bugera V22.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by andrerist
I've got the special 6 ultra and the thing is great. plenty loud enough to play over a band but the built in attenuator makes playing at bedroom levels very doable

yeah the ultra might be worth a look too (haven't tried it, just the normal one), it might be slightly over budget, but as you say, has a fair few more features (most of which look to be pretty useful, too).

Quote by Hakanku
(a) I remember you too dude, I think its you're avatar I remember most though haha, nice to be back

(b) Thanks for all your help, I did see the VHT but as I said, I haven't been keeping up on gear for years and i've never heard of it, does anyone know if they are sold in shops or just online? I want to go and try a few of the amps before I buy but it seems none of the shops stock anything by VHT, Bugera or even Laney according to their websites.

Any other suggestions for a cheap tube practice amp?

(a) yeah i think i remember your avatar too

(b) i think dawsons stocks them, but thomann is a lot cheaper (unless dawsons is doing a deal). try in dawsons, buy from thomann

(c) jet city, maybe? i know their distributor is selling off stock on their ebay shop for pretty decent prices. I haven't tried them myself, but from what i hear, they're pretty good for the money. There are several dealers in the UK, too, so you should be able to try first. the 20 watt combo is ~£200, but it's "buy it now or best offer", so you might get it for a little less than that.

If they still have the deals on, that is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?