Hey guys

I have some spare cash to spend on my second guitar and I'd like to change the bridge, it doesnt stay in tune and the tremolo sucks bigtime, I can't really set it up because its all rusty.

The bridge says "Ibanez"... I have no idea what mounting is there but I can see 6 little bolts on it.

What can I change it into without having to drill anything?
I'd like to be able to use it. So is there any kahler or something strat-like that would fit?
Hmm.. interesting. I really can't think of any sort of replacement tremolo that you could install without drilling new holes. But you could try a set of graph tech saddles.


I've got those on my stratocasters vintage tremolo and haven't had a single problem with tuning after changing into those.
Last edited by gib_ber at Oct 11, 2011,
Ok, done a bit of legwork for you:


official replacement/upgrade for the FAT 6 bridge (which your guitar has), will definitely solve the rust issue and will improve things overall.

New saddles might still be worth considering as this will help tuning, as would a new nut, and possibly better tuners.

As for improving the tremolo, I have no idea what kind of metal block is on the back of that or your current bridge, but if you can get a replacement in something like brass that may improve things, other than that, make sure the spring tension is correct, not too tight, not too loose.
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb