Can i use a 2x10 combo on top of my 4x12 with all 6 speakers wired? I assume yes but how would i go about doing that? My amp can safely run into 4, 8 or 16 ohms so there must be at least one way to wire it. I don't know the ohms of the 2x10 speakers but I think they would be 8, the 4 in the 4x12 are 16.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
If your combo has a speaker out, usually that winds up disabling the onboard speakers
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
^^ thanks....

^ true but Im thinking there must be a way to wire it so it won't, thats what I'm asking.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Last edited by pmeg568c at Oct 10, 2011,
basically I have a head and cab already but I'm trying to trade my head for a 2x10 combo, which is pretty much the same amp but I would be able to add 2 extra speakers. thats my story i guess haha.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
You would be looking for a cab with an extension cab out, not a speaker out.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
What amp do you have?
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Wait, you're trading your combo for a head version of the same amp so you can use 6 speakers at once?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals