Poll: Tom Delonge Strat or Deryck Whibley Tele
Poll Options
View poll results: Tom Delonge Strat or Deryck Whibley Tele
Modded Squier Tom Delonge Stratocaster with Seymour Duncan Invader
14 74%
Modded Squier Deryck Whibley Telecaster with Seymour Duncan JB-4
5 26%
Voters: 19.
Deryck Whibleys Telecaster look way better i was actually considering getting it myself at one point but i found an amazing Tele style body guitar for £130! And thats brand new
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
I'd get the DeLonge because, since it doesn't have special emblems or anything, it doesn't scream "fanboy" like the Whibley does. But they're going to sound pretty similar, and I think all Squier necks are more or less the same profile (read: thin and really comfortable), so just pick whichever one you think looks cooler. Strat or Tele, whichever is your style.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
The Derek Tele is a little more versitle as far as mods go. The Squier TD only has a rout for the humbucker and the volume. The strat is lighter and doesn't have markings though

Edit: if you're going to mod the TD then put something better than an invader in it.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Last edited by RealGuitarHero at Oct 11, 2011,
Tom Delonge Strat is my choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd go for the DeLonge model, but honestly you'll probably regret getting the signature guitar of a shitty player. I'd look at other options.