Ive been playing off and on for about two yrs. Im having trouble wit the strings squeaking as i slide from chord to chord. Also when im playin individual note the ring out when i switch nd im not tryin to do a pull off.
Coated strings will help but for the most part it's unavoidable.
It's unavoidable. Wound strings will always do that if you slide back and forth on the neck. I think it adds character to the sound.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
You can avoid those little squeaks. It's all about shifting fingerings smoothly and not having your fingers slide along the string but to have enough control to lift your fingers off and place them back on without making contact needlessly.

It's not easy but it's definitely doable.

You can use emery board on your callouses to soften them so they're not so hard/rough on the strings to help to begin with but the rest is up to your technique.
Brighter sounding guitars are particularly prone to string squawk.

I don't know if it might help, but Elixir makes a coated string that is milder than the "Nanowebs".....,"Polywebs" http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/elixir-light-polyweb-acoustic-guitar-strings/101501000000000 The reviews are mixed on these, and it seems like a "you either love em, or you hate em prospect".

Keep in mind, misfretting very bright strings on a very light bright guitar is possibly more disturbing than string sliding noises.

I have an ash body 6 string acoustic-electric that punishes you severely for not pushing the strings down all the way. The sliding noise might benefit from loosening your grip a bit more when changing positions
Quote by XianXiuHong
You can avoid those little squeaks. It's all about shifting fingerings smoothly and not having your fingers slide along the string but to have enough control to lift your fingers off and place them back on without making contact needlessly.

It's not easy but it's definitely doable.

Yes. Absolutely true. Practise actually lifting your fingers clear of the strings a bit more rather than dragging them along.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Lm_Rich
Ive been playing off and on for about two yrs. Im having trouble wit the strings squeaking as i slide from chord to chord. Also when im playin individual note the ring out when i switch nd im not tryin to do a pull off.
Just a thought. I actually used to listen for the string squeaks in records. I always found it to be enjoyable. It was also a good measure how how well recorded a song was, and also of how good the stereo was you were listening to.

I never found it annoying, I just thought it added character to the music.
Polywebs + GHS Fast Fret - Minimized Squeaks / Squeals

A little bit of string squeak adds some "human" element to the sound, but too much can be distracting. If you are recording and you get too much squeak/squeal, you can always isolate it in a waveform. It's a sudden peak in the treble section. Just select it and delete it out...
Quote by CV334

I've never used Elixir "Polyweb" strings, but I've read the reviews, in furtherance of seeking strings for my own "consumption".

That said, many complain these strings sound, "used" from the jump.

I agree that bright strings sound "too new"for a while, but dull could get worse if the guitar doesn't have much "pop" in the high end to begin with.

(Although, if fresh strings are causing this much distress for the OP, I doubt that the instrument doesn't have enough high end).

Any thoughts on this?
Quote by CV334

A little bit of string squeak adds some "human" element to the sound, but too much can be distracting. If you are recording and you get too much squeak/squeal, you can always isolate it in a waveform. It's a sudden peak in the treble section. Just select it and delete it out...

Well, no. You lose part of the guitar itself as well. Guitar is typically recorded with 2 mikes; one directed towards the sound hole and one on the neck. Proper technique will eliminate much of the squeak. A small amount does add a human element, but more than a small amount indicates bad technique, on the part of the recording engineer and the guitarist.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by CV334

I don't know about you but hearing an ugly string squeak when listening to the Bach Chaconne would ruin the feeling for me.

There are some styles of music I suppose you can get away with squeaking because of the nature of the music, like blue grass or something but you'll ideally want to be able to eliminate it at will and bring it in if you really feel it fits the music.
Thanxs. Depending on the style im playin its sounds good but some times its just plain annoying.