Hey guys,

I'm looking into some delay-pedals at the moment. I've never played with one before so I'm not really sure if it's something for me.

I was mainly looking at the Line6 Echo Park and the Line6 DL4. I'm leaning towards the DL4 because it can save 3 custom presets and it has a Loop-function on it as well. On the other hand it's very costly for the few times in a set I'm gonna use it. That's why I consider the Echo Park as well 'cause it's got most of the options...but it doesn't have presets 'n stuff... So I'm looking for something inbetween...

What do you reckon?

ps.: I would like to note that I realy like tape echo delays...so this has to be included
Last edited by Kriptonite_r at Oct 10, 2011,
I like DL4's, they're good pedals, even better when modded. Another good, and said to be some what similar delay is the TV Electronic Nova Delay, but I'm not sure how the compare cost wise.
What's your budget?

Used/New?

Boss DD-20 or a Line 6 DL4 will work fine.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
http://www.thomann.de/gb/boss_dd20_power_set.htm If you can stretch it
http://www.thomann.de/gb/tc_electronic_nova_repeater.htm A little over as well but not much

Also i'm not sure how good the used market is in Belgium, but if you're smart you can get some used gear for dirt cheap and in new condition.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
No problems mate I have a DD20 and it's great. Only con is there's a bit too much in it, but I don't know if you'd call it a con
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
It has 4 storable presets and a manual one (which can be another preset I guess), though if you want to go from patch 1 to 4 for example, you have to scroll through patch 2 and 3 to get to it. Unless you buy a foot controller to plug into the back to switch between them which is recommended.

What do you mean by "knob per preset"?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
well, you just explained what I meant.
The DL4 has a button per preset. There's a button labled "A", a button labled "B" and a button labled "C". So if i wanted to switch between A and C I don't have to go through B.

But this is probably something you can fix by putting the most important delays next to eacht other or someting like that.... I've been looking at some demos online and it really nice. I love the fact that it also has a looper-function
Oh right, no worries.

The only thing is the left button is an on/off switch. So if you want to go from 2 to 1 you'd have to go through the entire list. But a footswitch is relatively cheap. Looper function is fun.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
No worries, hope it all works out
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore