Will I still be able to bend strings pretty well when using 12's tuned to drop c sharp?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
i guess in part, that would depend on what gauge you're used to using.
the tuning of that gauge, and if you were bending strings well with them on...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Depends how loose the action is. Have you had it setup properly or are you just wacking them on without one?

It'll be hard at first, stick at it and it'll get easier.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
I'm using 11's right now in e standard and I can bend the bottom 5 strings pretty easily. I had someone set the intonation and the action is very low.

Also, would I have to re intonate the strings if I put 12's on? What about the truss rod?
It's a good idea. Although one gauge up isn't massive, it'll be enough to throw it out a little.

Do you know how to setup a guitar?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Hi kutless999! my old band i was in was a pirate metal band (rofl) and we tuned down to D standard while using 12's and i was used to using 9's in standard tuning and it didn't seem like much a jump for me. and if you have a floating trem and replace all the strings i would bet so. i had to when i went to 10s to 9's on my ibanez rg.
Last edited by Purplepanda/MoM at Oct 10, 2011,
Not entirely. I tired to set the intonation and I don't think it worked too well. The neck is pretty straight with only a tiny relief.
Best advice? Don't f*ck with it if you don't know what you're doing. I tried setting up my MIM strat once with no clue and it was all over the place and had to get it setup professionally.

Take it to a luthier/guitar store and ask them to set it up for you might cost you but worth it to get it running properly.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Purplepanda/MoM
Is it floating trem?

No, it's a strat style trem which has all five springs in the tremolo block.

^I know someone who could set it up.
i had my ibanez setup by mass street music (if you don't know them, they do a great job) and then i ****** around with it and screwed it up. like throwing 50$ out the window. it was only last month that i finally understood, and trusted my self enough to adjust truss rod, whammy tension, and bridge etc... but its worth learning who to do. now all my friends are my bitchs because i setup there guitars!
Then take it to him/her.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I think I'll just stick to 11's. Thanks for the help guys.
i have a strat and its pretty consistent on how its setup. i tuned it down to drop C or C# once (For the beer song hahaha) and it was fine. but i dunno about switching gauges. guess that depends on the strat. all strats are incredably different imho.

Theres my 3 cents.
Why are people tuning strats down to C anyway?
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore