Every time I walk through the mall lately I can't help but notice all the 80's clothes for sale, and that people are wearing. Do you think there will be a big resurgence of hair metal and the 80's style rock ballad too?
Quote by carlmarl
Do you think there will be a big resurgence of hair metal and the 80's style rock ballad too?

No.

and i certainly hope "no" is the answer, never likes the 80's. The music is becoming more electronic and less skill nowadays
I play guitar.
Last edited by TheWho2 at Oct 10, 2011,
i have not noticed the clothes coming back
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
No. The closest is synth-pop kinda coming back, and that's just in more hipster-ish circles.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Lets hope so. Hair Metal (although it wasn't called that in the 80s) is awesome!
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I certainly hope "no" is the answer, never likes the 80's. The music is becoming more electronic and less skill nowadays.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
"Chuck Taylor's"

sorry but they have been around alot longer.nice avatar by the way..i still have a stack of those cards haha

this 80s revival is everything thats wrong with the world.we should be looking back and laughing at that decade not immitating it.just about everything they remake from then that was actually good is ruined

shame on you humanity
Last edited by Lulzcifer at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by carlmarl
Every time I walk through the mall lately I can't help but notice all the 80's clothes for sale, and that people are wearing. Do you think there will be a big resurgence of hair metal and the 80's style rock ballad too?

I hope so.

Chicks with teased out hair, large hoop earrings, gold jewelry, and tight jeans were awesome!

I am also a big fan of the rock ballad.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
The 80's style has been coming back for a while everywhere, from music to clothes. I see lot's of "Members Only" jackets, "Izod" shirts, retro shoes like Converse, Nike, Adidas, high-tops/low-tops and "Chuck Taylor's", and also bright color clothes and tight pants and hairstyles. Also Break-Dancing and Popping have been making a huge comeback for a little bit now.

Also the huge craze of remaking all the old 80's movies like Arther, Dirty Dancing, Footloose just to name a few. Then you have old cartoons being redone like My Little Pony, Thundercats and Voltron. Their has also been a rise of 80's songs being covered/redone by many bands and tons of 80's songs in comercials. There are also new 80's style bands coming into the light, that is very nice to see IMO.

I could go on forever, so yes IMO the 80's are definitely making a big comeback. If you ask me the 80's were way ahead of their time in basically everything in music and fashion, now things are just catching back up to them.

There are less NEW 80's style bands coming up, and more 80's bands that are just becoming popular again. Motley Crue is still playing concerts, and Skid Row with their new shit singer is popular.
The 80s aesthetic came back in like 2003, we're on the tail end of the resurgence now. The 80s influenced the clothing and music for the past 7 years, how have you guys not noticed? All the skull & chains shirts, Ed Hardy, the neon gym clothes, leg warmers. As for the music, most pop songs have been using samples from 80s songs, if not outright covering them. You haven't noticed the incredible amount of 80s covers on the radio a few years ago?

Rock bands had the 80s shtick going for a while, too. Solos, long hair, falsetto. I mean, there was a reason why bands like The Darkness, Steel Panther, and Dragonforce became popular.

Even electronic music was influenced by the 80s resurgence, in a big way. The Electro genre became huuuge, and it sounded like it was straight out of the 80s. Justice, for example.

That's pretty much already all done and over with now guys, you missed the boat.
So many people were kind of sick of the 80s thing, both style and music, that they went the complete opposite in the 90s. But, like all things, a new generation comes in that doesn't have a preference or bias yet, and picks up on what they like. So now we have some of those elements back.

"Metal" nowadays covers many more bases than it did in the 80s. One thing is certain, with the internet making learning advanced guitar techniques a standard, and many of the metal genres utilizing different musical theories and advanced techniques, the guitarwork has far surpassed the 80s in technicality.

We probably won't see the same style as the 80s, but the music nowadays is just as skillful and commercial. I think if anything, we will see a repeat of the 90s soon. With genres like, technical death metal, making every riff over the top, and bombarding us with constant dual harmony leads and sweeps, people a going to get sick of over the top music and want something more simple. But who knows when that will be?
i have been looking for tiger striped or zebra spandex pants for over 2 years but they just don't sell them here