I have a 1 humbucker 1 volume 1 tone guitar and i want to put a duncan sh-4 jb in it. i want to wire it for coil split push pull pot volume and either Phase or series/parralel on the tone knob, but i still want to use both controls. i'm completely rewiring the guitar so any suggestions to make this more versitle are welcome. is the phase/seriesparrallel not the greatest idea? is there something i could put in there that would make more of a difference? can you even phase switch with only one humbucker? (Maybe reverse only one of the coils??) for now, i'm just going to put an inf 4 i ripped from my ibanez in there so could i also have a wiring diagram for that with 1 hum 1 vol 1 tone and coil split? help would be much appreciated because this is going to be my main stage guitar
guitarelectronics.com has free wire diagrams for just about any typical set up.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
**** it, one sound, full on both coils in series, get that tone knob outta there too, Just rock it Jerry cantrell or Alexi laiho style
i really want the single coil, and i use the tone knob a lot. so no. i need vesatility for my onstage guitar.
push pull pot on your volume control or tone control, treble bleed mod on your volume pot. that's the best you can do without buying a SD p-rails and a triple shot mounting ring, which would give you loads of sounds
i haven't tried phase switches, but series/parallel would be a very good idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What can you do with only one humbucker?

Anything from the 80's
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
yeah i'm not quite sure how i would wire it with a coil tap AND series/parrallel. i'm not very knowlagable about series and parrallel. thats why i'm not sure if thats worth it to do it.
I don't think you want to coil split a JB. It sounds pretty bad. A series/parallel is as far as I would go.
I have a lone Dimarzio Super3 in my ESP and have recently sarted messing around with wiring. Currently I have a push-pull on both vol and tone.

Tone is series parallel and volume is coil split atm. Getting rid of the volume and getting a shadow killpot instead and gonna use the Seymour Duncan Triple shot pickup ring for other options once I find sounds I like.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by zeek7pc
What can you do with only one humbucker?

Anything from the 80's

+1

Quote by Roc8995
I don't think you want to coil split a JB. It sounds pretty bad. A series/parallel is as far as I would go.

yeah... ime coil splits work best in the in-between position... bridge position alone split can be pretty bright and wiry-sounding.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
for the seymour jb, you can use triple shot rings. the tones for those are

full humbucker series
full humbucker parralel
inner coil
outer coil

then you can have a greasebucket circuit like the tele's (believe its a treble bleed mod onto the tone control, i'm not sure) which gives a very intuitive tone control, so there's more tones including that as well.
Nah, i've played with the jb split and i liked it a lot. so it will be coil split... and as i said this is my STAGE Guitar so triple shots is not an option.