Total beginner here. Went out and bought an electric (PRS SE Custom 24, love it) as opposed to an acoustic, as recommended for a beginner. Didn't get any advice, went out and bought a crappy Fender Bullet 15DSP amp. Made my sounds a bit better using a Line 6 Pocket POD, a very handy little thing. Was very satisfied with the POD until one day it started producing a loud hissing which made it useless. I'm looking to replace this thing, but before I do, I require some well needed advice. Should I replace the POD with another POD or should I go with another product? The Korg Pandora Mini and the DigiTech RP series have come to my attention. Are these any good? If not, what are my options? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
It's always best to fix the problem at the source. Your amp is relatively terrible, and at the end of the day, no amount of modeling/FX are going to change that fact.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For $200 your best option is probably something like a used POD HD300 or something. You're not gonna get a very good amp for that budget, and it will not be very portable. The pocket pods are OK for portable practice, but the HD series sound a lot better.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Well I would usually plug headphones onto the modeling/FX device and cut the amp out of the equation, until further notice. So basically I need something that will sound great for PRACTICE. What are my options?
SG
I'd stil go with a used pod HD300
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Try cleaning your pocket Pod before you give up on it. Spray a bit of contact cleaner (Deoxit is good) onto a plug and work it in and out of the jack a few times. Do this to all jacks and try it again.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well I would usually plug headphones onto the modeling/FX device and cut the amp out of the equation, until further notice. So basically I need something that will sound great for PRACTICE. What are my options?
SG