Hello there everyone I'm kinda of stuck on what colors I should paint my Epiphone Dot. I was thinking some type of blue with a white racing stripe but I don't know what shade of blue.

Also I need help picking out pickups for the Dot as well. I like classic rock, punk, and blues. As for bands I would say Green Day, The Who and White Stripes for a sound.

Thank you
The blue with a white stripe makes me think of a '70 Fastback. The bands you mentioned make me think of classic American steel. You should finish the guitar in red with some pinstriping

In seriousness, the blue and white would look pretty good. I'd say a pastel blue would look nice against a Dot. Achieving the White Stripes sound would be a little difficult, he likes to use late 60's/early 70's imports (Silvertone/Teisco/Kay/etc) and the amps associated with them. These were your el-cheapo guitars from Sears and such with a "production over tone/quality" sort of mindset. That's just a general summary of those guitars, there were a couple quality ones pumped out and they're somewhat collectible now.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Flux'D
there were a couple quality ones pumped out and they're somewhat collectible now.

Because of him like airlines. You've got quite a few different sounds goin on here, punk would probably like a high-gain pickup where who would need something more classic and white stripes, something just weird and funky.