So, you get a totally awesome guitar, but there's one problem.
A fret or two have those annoying little indention from the strings in them.
I have one on the high E of the 13th fret, and another on the high E of the 20th fret.
They don't inhibit the string, and you can barely feel them when bending the strings, but before too long, this could turn into a problem.
So how exactly do I fix this without changing all the frets?
I can't really sand it down, cause then they'll be unlevel, would melting solder over the indents possibly work?
Cusp of Magic
Just clean them up using #0000 steel wool. It will polish and smooth them out.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by stonyman65
Just clean them up using #0000 steel wool. It will polish and smooth them out.

This. Easy, cheap and it works. I did this on my Stratocaster and it patched it up nice.
I share your pain about it being frustrating though!
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Depending on how large the indent is you could put some hard epoxy in it and wipe smooth before it sets. The result would be a little noticeable (if you were scrutinizing every fret separately for appearance) but it's a lot easier and faster than replacing the fret itself.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Oct 11, 2011,