I'm trying to do this exercise... http://guitarteacher.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/stretch.jpg?w=468

The Main Exercise.. I can do the ascending and first descending but not the last four notes..!

This is what happens to me!!

After I put my pinky and middle finger down in 19 and 17.. My fingers are angled "\" but the ring finger is like this "/" .. The angle of the ring finger CAN'T get past my middle finger, the middle finger is like a ROAD BLOCK.

The ring and middle finger basically look like an X, crossing each other.

Heeeeeeelp me. (
Your ring finger doesn't have to "get past" your middle finger, it's supposed to be fretting the 18th fret.

If it really is in the way well, you'll just have to move it out of the way before you fret the 18th.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
perhaps a video of you doing the exercise would help, that way we can clearly see what you're doing wrong.
Quote by steven seagull
Your ring finger doesn't have to "get past" your middle finger, it's supposed to be fretting the 18th fret.

If it really is in the way well, you'll just have to move it out of the way before you fret the 18th.

i get it ... thanks.. *hugssss youu!! stupid me : ))))))))))) ehehhehehe ^-^;;;;