As nobody replied to my post in the actualy 18volt mod thread in GB&C I decided to cut my post and place it here:

Hello!

Could I buy an 18v battery and stick it into my guitar? I don't even know (but I assume) if 18v batteries are made, and would they look like the 9v ones (size, shape).

So yeah, to get the 18v mod done could I just do that, or do I have to get 2x9v? Problem is that I don't know where can I get more of those battery clips.
If I do it like in the pic, do I even need to solder them, if I first twist 1 black and 1 red together thoroughly and then tape it well?
Quote by fc89konkari
If I do it like in the pic, do I even need to solder them, if I first twist 1 black and 1 red together thoroughly and then tape it well?

No, you cannot tape electronics together. You need to solder it. Electric current does not flow through tape.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
No, you cannot tape electronics together. You need to solder it. Electric current does not flow through tape.

Laughing at the way you phrased it, not the question, which is legit for non-electronics people.
WTLTL 2011
Well, you technically can tape it doing the method he described, but its a horrible idea.

My 18v guitar is scotch locked (telephone splice) and its awesome.. took about a minute.
/rig
Quote by mespinos
Well, you technically can tape it doing the method he described, but its a horrible idea.

My 18v guitar is scotch locked (telephone splice) and its awesome.. took about a minute.

Why is it a horrible idea? I just can't imagine it failing if you twist the wires together

And what exactly is "scotch locked (telephone splice)"?
Horrible idea was a bit of an exaggeration.. It's just not ideal.

Scotch locks are basically a secure splice for low voltage stuff.. It crimps down on the connection.

/rig
When I bought my 18v mod kit on ebay, it came with those splices. Makes it extremely easy.
Quote by senanimach9
I just got this thing: http://s221.photobucket.com/user/dsotm80/media/EMG18vMod.gif.html

But the battery cavity in my Schecter C1 doen't have the same kind of connectors are the original wiring harness does in the picture. I'm not sure what to do...Any tips or links to other threads that might have already answered this?

What type of connector do you have in your Schecter? Maybe a picture would help.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Oh FFS. Learn how to solder, it isn't brain surgery.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Oh FFS. Learn how to solder, it isn't brain surgery.

I'd do it... if someone lent third hand to hold on to the one part of the connection while I held on to the soldering iron and the other part of the connection.

If you're gonna twist and tape them, use heat shink tubing instead of tape. It holds the connection more securely. I do that for my pickups.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
You can buy a third hand (it's what they are actually called). They're wonderful and cheap.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification